Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

What a wonderful time of the year this is! The celebration of our Lord's birth.  Happy birthday, Jesus!
Our church, Christ's Church Mandarin had Christmas Eve services yesterday, as they do every year. This year was particularly special because my husband's brother, his wife and daughter joined us. This was their first year doing so and it was a great service. I was moved to tears a few times listening to the beautiful music & singing. My favorite I think is "Oh Holy Night." Every time I hear the part of the song, "fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices..." it brings tears to my eyes and my heart just swells, I even get chills! I looked up at my husband while singing and he was a little misty eyed, too! (He is such a wonderful husband, and nothing pleases me more than knowing he also loves the Lord. I get to share my life with him and i wouldn't have it any other way!)  I guess it's the part of the song, the sounds and of course just imagining that wonderous night.  Our pastor was talking about the events before Christ's birth, pointing out that it all happened so perfectly.  And if you stop and think about it, its true. Joseph and Mary were just two regular people, obedient and faithful believers, not royalty. They were scared, but after both being visited by angels, took on the responsibilty of what would change their lives forever. Imagine if there had been room at the inn, if Jesus had been born in a plush room, and had fancy room service.  How do you think that would've changed things? The beauty of them having to camp in a barn, around animals and hay, laying in a wooden manger just exudes humility.  Jesus never boasted, never walked as though He was above anyone. He was beautifully humble and wonderfully made. His birth story is perfect, and all according to God's miraculous plan. "A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices!" Merry Christmas friends, and Happy Birthday Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment