Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"so put-together"

I figured I would knock two of my advertised topics out at the same time - girly AND inspirational! ;)
Just the other day, two people told me that I was so "put-together." On the same day!! I beamed when they told me, so proud! I had on my "uniform" which consisted of boot cut jeans (old navy, diva cut, $20), a white cami/tank, a tan heather open cardi w/dolman sleeves (target, $20), an olive green/purple/grass green striped scarf (world market, $12?), and my tan suede peep toe heels (with little bows, rack room $24). Almost forgot the best parts!  Essie armed and ready on my nails and carrying an olive colored long champ inspired canvas tote (old navy, $15 on sale!) First off, I shop sales and bargains.  No, I don't shop at tjmaxx or ross or marshall's for clothing, I've got zero patience for that. Maybe for shoes and purses though.  I'm talking old navy, target, forever 21, and stein mart - that's where I shop to get my basics and then scarf or accessorize these looks to make them mine.  (P.s., scarves @ stein mart, $9.99! Why wouldn't you get a pashmina'ish scarf?!?!)  If you have some staples, you're good to go.  I am definitely a blue jeans girl.  They are a staple in my wardrobe. I bought about 5 pairs when old navy had them on sale for $20, last year. And I bought them online, too! I know, risky. I lucked out and only had to return one pair because they were too long. So, with the denim in check, I go to my top half.  I pretty much layer all the time, it's just easier here in Florida and it makes it comfortable when going from hot to cooler temps. So it's usually a tank or blouse (print or solid), and a cardigan - button up or open. I particularly like the cardi's bc they conceal things... be it unshaven armpits (don't judge!), rolls, lumps, whatever.  I rely heavily on my spanx to take control of my midsection's imperfections, too.  I strongly support spanx and recommend them for all sizes!  They're wonderful!  And then as y'all know I'm a big supporter of scarves, so they're worn a few times a week. (Tip: it's the easiest way to dress up a plain top, or one you may have a spot on, or a logo/embellishment you may not like.  Put a scarf on it!)
I figured that I couldn't exhaust my style, so I've found and have purchased a few tees from old navy and forever 21.  I love the silky tops, short sleeves, and for fun, hey, you guessed it, throw a scarf over it! ;) 
Oh gosh, come to think of it, I've got too many purses and handbags , and I only carry about 4!  (Colors: tan, olive, navy and black. I sure would like a gray one...) Time to streamline and let go of some dated ones, but sheesh, that's a whole 'nother day. 
I kinda got off track, but I wanted y'all to know what I'm working with.  My point (that I didn't make sooner) is that you too can look put-together, on a daily basis, and more importantly - on a budget!!  With a little creativity, mixing colors you may not normally, pairing a cardi with a blouse you may already own, throwing some pearls on, wearing your fancy shoes with your jeans, getting a pretty scarf - you've got it!   It's pretty easy.  No need to go overboard when you're trying to pull of a polished, classic look.  I'll touch base with more accessorizing & makeup later... but for now, go have fun , smile and wear your outfit knowing you are so put-together, too!
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I just love you! We need to shop one day together :) I HATE.....I repeat HATE clothes shopping. I only enjoy accessories/makeup/shoe shopping! You need to teach me how to shop for clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet! I love the accessories, too. And I'm down to shop anytime ;)
      P.s. private gallery at the town ctr, everything on sale, 75% off!!! I'm stopping by tomorrow after work...

      Delete