Thursday, January 26, 2012

Late night ombre? Why not?!?


Okay, so I've tried to post this blog now going on 3 times, and I finally got it to post... I do most of my blogging mobile, and I think there as a glitch.  So......... let's hope the third time's a charm!

I've seen this ombre polish color scheme for a while, on pinterest, etc.  and I decided to give it a go.  If you had seen the time stamp of when I was to originally post, it was 1:11 a.m.  That was no joke.  Why I decided to do this little project so late in the evening, I'm not sure. But I did.  And yes, I had to work today.  I was watching the style network (one of my faves!), and the show was, "How Do I Look?"  Have you seen it?  It's kinda like TLC's "What not to wear," which is pretty much my favorite show.  Anyway, I couldn't get away from it, and I'm watching the clock get closer to midnight, thinking, I better get started!  So around midnight, I set up camp in my bathroom, to get started on this lovely project. I have gel on my nails right now, one of OPI's light/nude colors - "passion."  I do like the way they keep my cuticles in check, but I like the lighter colors so that I can polish over. You know I'm addicted to polish... why commit to one color?!? So I filed them down, buffed and laid out my colors.  I was excited to have a nice blend, corals to pinks.  Colors are listed below, thumb to pinky:
essie - too too hot
essie - peach daiquiri
essie - mod squad
revlon (speed dry) - candy
essie - poppy art pink
essie - good to go 30 sec quick dry top coat.  I don't do any mani's w/out this top coat.  If you don't already have it, I suggest you go spend the $10 and fall in love w/this quick dry like I did.  I'm talking no sheet marks on your nails when you do your polish late at night like I do... I'm fancy, and I approve this message.

Note to self: when you mention that your stomach isn't feeling right to your husband, even if it's a couple of hours prior to your bathroom-turned nail salon polish fest, don't be surprised when he hollers at you from the bed, "you okay in there?!  I thought you fell in..."  Because he will. I totally thought he was asleep, and was holed up in my bathroom for about 30 min when I heard that.  It scared me, and I quickly jumped off my perch and flashed him my brights, assuring him that I was okay.  LOL.

I would like to try this in grays or taupes to nudes, so that may be my next project.  And you know, that may require some new polish purchases... I'm just sayin'.  Have any of you tried this ombre polish?

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment