Sunday, March 31, 2013

35 weeks - Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter y'all!!  What a beautiful time of the year, knowing that Jesus has risen from the dead after His crucifixion, death, burial.  What love God had for us to give His only son, to die on the cross for our sins, only to raise Him up and call Him home to Heaven.  He's alive, I'm forgiven - Heaven's gates are open wide.  We're forgiven.  Amen & Amen!  Our pastor spoke on Peter, and how Peter was one of the more tenacious of the disciples- the only one to get out of the boat and walk towards Jesus on the water, and yet he was the one to deny knowing Christ 3 times in one day.  After Jesus had rose from the dead, and the disciples hadn't yet seen Him, Peter was the one to recognize that it was Jesus calling to them from the shore, telling them to cast their nets on the other side of the boat to get fish, b/c they were unsuccessful on one side.  He swam to shore without hesitation, and when he got there, it hit him - his denial.  Jesus asked him 3 times if he loved Him, and even in his shame, he did not deny his love for Jesus.  Jesus's instructions to Peter, "then feed my sheep."  He was given a second chance, although he had already denied knowing Jesus. The most beautiful part about this, is that we are given 2nd chances through Jesus.  His love for us is amazing, His grace is abundant.  It really struck me b/c He has blessed us with so much love and grace, I feel unworthy and undeserved.  My goal is to become more aware of this grace, mercy & forgiveness and to really let it resonate from the inside out.  It's not by my words, but by my actions that others will see Jesus.  I'm not perfect, and I really need to work on this!  Thank you Lord, for another chance!
35 weeks, already.  It's so weird saying that, even thinking that it's already been 34 weeks, and baby Ava's due date is on 5 weeks!  I am so anxious to see what she looks like, to see how she acts, if she'll sleep during the day or during the night, if she'll cry or not really cry at all.  You know, all those soon-to-be-mommy things that we think of.  ("we" b/c I'm joining the club!!)  It's been such an amazing journey, it really has flown by. With such an appreciated uneventful pregnancy, it is still hard to remember sometimes that there is a person inside of me. There is a life growing inside of my body.  God has blessed me to carry that life, and to take care of it.  It's truly amazing to know that there's baby Ava moving all around inside of me, and that she's her own little person.  She will be our responsibility and now Don & I will know the love that only parents know.  I thought I loved my little Coco with all of me, but this will far exceed that love.  (Please do NOT ever tell Coco I said that, I don't want her feelings to get hurt and for her to resent me!) Wow.  Surreal - I cannot say that enough.
Yesterday my two closest friends threw my baby shower & it was so beautiful.  While I had some ideas as to how the decor would be, I was blown away by how great they did!  Well, I knew darn well that they both had the capability of doing what they did - one has thrown so many showers she could have her own business & the other, while it was her first, her artistic talents totally went into overdrive and she shabby chic'd this shindig out like nobody's business.  I walked in and was beyond pleased!  The food, punch, games, decor, group - all great.  I am so blessed to have friends like these girls, and all of my friends that were there.  It was great!  Ava's going to have a lot of great aunts to love her!  I'll have to get my computer all set up and upload the pics that I took of the decor and some of my friends.  So sweet.  Pink, white, grays, lovely!
Below is a picture of myself (duh) and Erin.  Erin is not my sister, but kinda looks  like we could be in this picture!  I first babysat E when she was 18 months old, and she'll be 21 on 5/10!  Wowzers, makes me feel so old!  Then came her two little brothers, and I was their nanny for almost 10 years.  It was amazing to be a part of such a lovely family, I love them like my little siblings.  Oddly enough, I love their parents like they are my older siblings.  I have truly been blessed with this family, and they have welcomed Don in as an extension of me!  I can't wait for them to be a part of Ava's life, because I know they will love her like I loved them!  My heart is so full!

Me & Erin

How far along?  35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:   8lbs (yes, that lunchtime weigh thing at the office wasn't my best idea... lol)
Maternity clothes?  Yes, although I did hit up forever 21 this past week and got a couple of tops to wear (one for my shower, the other just because).  I had gone in destination maternity first to find maybe a cute dress or top to wear, and I was so disappointed.  I don't like cap sleeves, butterfly sleeves, exaggerated maternity tops... I walked out empty handed (and saved $$ b/c y'all know that place can sneak up on you in a heartbeat!).  Eh.... oh wells. 
Stretch marks? No
Sleep:  I did sleep a little better after last week, thank goodness.  
Best moment this week:  Definitely my baby shower!!  It was so lovely!  How 'bout my mom guessed exactly my size w/the string - that game played at showers.  Dead on.  She of course wouldn't take the prize, but how funny?!
Miss anything? Bending over, the energy to do something for a few hours at a time, wine.  
Movement?  Yes, a lot!  One gf told me yesterday that she heard if baby moves a lot during the day, she'll sleep at night; if baby moves a lot at night, I'm screwed.  Well, she moves randomly, mostly during the day, but you know, she sure gets active late at night!  uh oh! 
Food cravings: Chocolate here and there (still), and I think I should go get some cheese nips/cheezits.  That sounds really good... 
Anything making you queasy or sick?  I had chili the other night, and then for some reason, later that night, cereal sounded really good to me (apple jacks, to be exact!).  No bueno. I woke up w/that indigestion that burned my throat so bad, I could barely get the words, "I need water" out to my husband before choking something terrible!  Not a good move. 
Gender: girl
Labor signs: no, thank goodness! 
Symptoms: Same ol' stuff - indigestion, lower region pain, and being tired.
Belly button in or out?  Pretty shallow but still an innie!! 
Wedding rings on/off: On - only time they're tight is when I've had a lot of salt - typical.  
Happy or moody? Happy, excited, probably a little naive b/c I'm also unprepared! 
Looking forward to:  Something I should've done long ago - get the furniture ready for Ava's room & get it set up.  I also really want to get some dreft detergent and start washing all of the sweet clothes Ava got this weekend!  (and the car carrier seat, stroller seat, etc since I got them at a consignment store.) 5 weeks - time to get serious!!  

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! What a blessing it is to know that we have eternal life through HIM!!!
    You are looking amazing. Just a few more weeks until we meet little Ava! ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the truth!!

    Thanks girl! We can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete