Sunday, January 27, 2013

25 weeks

Another week down, more news to share.  We're even closer to closing on the house, it's set for this Thursday, 1/31.  Yip-EEE. I don't have to tell y'all again how excited I am to getting in there and putting my touch on it!  I also got to see a few of my girlfriends this past week & weekend that I haven't seen in a while, and they shared the sweetest thing with me - how much they like to read this blog & how they follow it weekly.  Thank you girls!  I love hearing this and it makes it seem so much more worth it to me to keep this updated.
So after a busy week - seeing lots of friends & having a great time, we ended it with a tour of the hospital where I'll deliver little miss Ava, Baptist South.  The birthing suites were so nice, the hospital is beautiful, and we felt really good about how they run things there.  Now it's time to get a pediatrician lined up, as well as a nanny!  I'm going to have to have a meeting w/my manager & boss at work to figure out what kind of schedule I'll be on when I return to work.  I mean, Ava's due in 3 months.  Things probably need to be worked out - and that right there overwhelms me & makes me anxious.  I won't worry about that, I think we'll be meeting about it next month.  Mommies out there that went back to work after your leave - did you go full time? Part time? Nanny? Day care? Parents?  My mom can only watch her 2 days a week, b/c I don't want to overwhelm her w/a newborn, especially since she helps out with my grandmother a lot.  (Oh, and my mom still gets migraines sometimes, too. Poor thing!)   One silver lining is that Don doesn't always have full days at work, so we'll just be needing a part time nanny, nothing full time, and he can either pick her up @ mom's, or let the nanny go home.  It's just a matter of lining things up.  Oh the joy!!  ;) 

Here we go - week 25's recap! 

How far along: 25 weeks down!
Total weight gain/loss:  I'll go w/+2lbs
Maternity clothes?  I picked up a pair of new jeans, Loved by Heidi Klum skinny jeans, and I love them! 
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: You know it! 
Best moment this week:  Seeing my girlfriends & hearing how much they like this little blog! 
Miss anything? yes
Movement?  Still about the same - coffee gets her moving, and she gets active in the afternoon 
Food cravings: chocolate - I had enough of it Saturday night! And cereal! 
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Spicy things give me heartburn, but I like it anyway!  Sriracha, any other hot sauce, heavy seasonings....
Gender: girl
Labor signs: nope
Symptoms: heartburn, leg cramps, and bending over isn't as easy anymore.  
Belly button in or out? Shallow, but in
Wedding rings on/off: on
Happy or moody? Happy!  I felt a bit overwhelmed at times this week, but I tried not to lose control! 
Looking forward to: Well, I thought it would be starting the baby registry, but that was quite overwhelming.  We only went to one place, and we're not sure that we'll even continue w/that store.  I need to do some research on breast pumps (heard one was on sale @ Target this week - may just have to go buy it outright!), and the whole crib, car seat thing, too.  happy happy happy! 

Coco with her panda - it's her security blanket! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lara!

    If you are look for the best infant car seat, take a look at the Graco SnugRide 30!

    Also for the breast pump, I personally use the Medela Pump In Style Advanced which is packed with features and is just amazing all in all. All my friends recommended that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber! Thank you for the suggestion - I think that is the pump that's on sale right now @Target, and I'm going to put it on the registry. I appreciate that!
      And I'll def look at the car seat - thanks!!

      Delete