Monday, November 5, 2012

14 weeks -- into the 2nd trimester I go!

Hey y'all!  Here's week 14...



How far along?  14 weeks today!
Total weight gain/loss: Down 5lbs from pre-baby weight
Maternity clothes?  Yep!  I got a couple of dresses from Old Navy that I busted out - they're so great w/the ruching on the sides - so nice.  I'll prob be getting a couple more dresses, esp the tank maxi dress!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep?  Oh yes. 
Best moment this week?  Feeling normal!  Thank you 2nd trimester!!
Miss anything?  Sushi still. Maybe red wine.
Movement?  No
Food cravings?  No.  Sadly, nothing really sounds delicious to me.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Garlic-y things.  I don't like the heavy aftertaste.
Gender?  4 more weeks!
Labor signs?  no
Belly button - in or out?   still in
Wedding rings on or off?  they're on!
Mood?  Some things make me a little annoyed - mostly at work, but just for moments at a time.  Other than that, I'm glad to feel normal and am happy!
Looking forward to?  Showing!  I have a pic from the past weekend, and it kinda looks like I'm showing but I think it's just the way I'm standing, b/c I don't feel like a blimp.  Oh, and still excited about Thanksgiving dinner!!  

Picture below of us this weekend, it almost looks like I'm showing a little bit.  Why does my husband look a little Mexican?  B/c he shaved off his full beard for Movember - guys grow out their mustaches to raise awareness for men's health (testicular, prostate cancers, etc).  So... yes, it's still him, and we'll see how long this thing gets!  
In St. Augustine after the clam chowder cook-off, 11/4.

4 comments:

  1. Great pic of you two!!! I like Don shaved! Lol....hope you got your mani/pedi on :) 4 more weeks! 4 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't make it to the nail salon, but maybe this week, I sure need it! 4 MORE WEEKS!!!!! but 1 for you!!!!

      Delete
  2. Can you still lay on your stomach? I was a stomach sleeper until one night (not sure how far alone), it felt like I was laying on a giant rock!

    Just so you know, the first time I felt any movement, it was a light tickle. Kind of like a butterfly fluttered against the inside of my tummy. I wasn't sure if it was real or wishful thinking until it happened again and again.

    Enjoy every second of your pregnancy, it goes by way too fast! Unless of course, you're sick everyday. Then it probably seems like it will never end.

    It's so cool. Everywhere you go, you have the baby too. I called Reece my "little passenger". Played classical music everywhere....car, house and for 30 minutes at night, with special speakers hooked on my tummy!

    Oh, those were the days. If you haven't already noticed, everyone will have a baby story and opinion. It gets kind of annoying. Just know that you will do the same, once your a sister of Motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok on my stomach a little, but I'm usually a side sleeper, and it's more comfy. I have felt the flutters, but not since a month ago. It's funny how normal I feel now, and I love it. Makes it more enjoyable!
      I love the "little passenger" thing - that's adorable. Lots of opinions, yes, probably when I start to pop. Don & I were talking about that, I've had good practice, being a nanny for the same kids for 10+ yrs, since babyhood. They were good babies, but I'm a little prepared. I know it can all change!

      Delete