Saturday, October 13, 2012

Someone Special

My mother sent me an email a while back, with one of those poems that just made your heart happy and gave me the desire to share it. I've dragged my feet for a while to do so, but today, I'm taking the time to share it.  I don't know the author, but I hope that you enjoy it. As a Christian, we face a lot of judgment, as well as the weakness of judging others that may not be living as we think is appropriate.  First let me say that it has been hard to come to this, but when I finally realized that I am in absolutely no place to pass judgment, my life got a little easier.  It is a relief to just ignore that human nature (as much as possible) and to make the conscious decision to let God handle all of that.  After all, it's His work, not mine. When I read this, it struck me that being a "Christian" didn't mean just carrying around a title.  It was very humbling to read this, and a gentle reminder of how we are to act - to show others, not just to tell them we are Christians.  The hardest part is to live by example, and that's something I need to strive to do each and every day - some days more than others.  I hope you enjoy this, and are able to share it with your friends, both Christians & non Christians alike.  :) 
xoxo 


When I say that 'I am a Christian', I am not shouting that 'I am clean living.
I'm whispering 'I was lost, but now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say 'I am a Christian', I don't speak of this with pride. 
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. 

When I say 'I am a Christian', I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
 

When I say 'I am a Christian', I'm not bragging of success. 
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to help me clean up my mess. 

When I say 'I am a Christian', I'm not claiming to be perfect.
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say 'I am a Christian', I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say 'I am a Christian', I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment