Sunday, October 21, 2012

with a nip in the air...


Hey there! How great is the fall weather?  Well, even if it got up to 80, it's been lovely & we've had our windows & doors open most of the day. It's amazing!  I am so excited for this chilly weather, and you know that means it's scarf time!!  I wore 4 different ones last week, and loved it. It's nice (and smart) to have lightweight scarves b/c you can wear them w/sleeveless tops, and still look season-appropriate. Yesterday I wore a blue & orange one since the Gators had a big game - and killed it!  Go Gators!!  My husb & I went to my mom's and watched the game, had some grilled cheese sammies & yummy vegetable soup that she made - just for me! mmmm...  It was nice.  Esp since she and I had a successful shopping trip earlier.  I picked up some more candles from bath & body, since they were buy 2, get 1 free (winter & spiced autumn or something like that).   I also got a new polish @ ulta, OPI's suzi skis in the pyrenees , a creamy dark blue/gray.  It's very rich, inky, perfect.  So I gave myself a mani/pedi here at home, and love this color.  Perfect dark, but doesn't look weird.   As I was looking for a pic to link to this color, I noticed something that just drives me insane: uneven nail lengths.  Seriously, do y'all not realize how bad nails look with dark polish, or any for that matter when you have a nubby nail, 3 long ones and then a med-length nail?  Not good.  Please take my advice and even those puppies out!  Dark polishes tend to look better w/short nails, like right at your skin/fingertip - or shorter. Learn it. Know it. Live it.  Sorry for that little rant, but it's simple stuff.  Well, tomorrow is a big day for me, and I will divulge the contents of it at a later time. If you think of it, please say a quick little prayer for me around 3:45 Monday afternoon.  I appreciate it loves!
Oh, one more thing y'all may find humorous.  You know I had been thinking of going back to facebook per a previous post - to keep up with family, friends of old, etc.  I really do miss that aspect of it, b/c I don't talk on the phone regularly with them or email them all the time, and a lot has been going on w/them. My step-bro just graduated flight school for the US Army, a few of my cousins have recently had babies, and just stuff like that.  So while we were at mom's yesterday, she let me go on her page, look at her timeline to see all of my cousins' babies, etc.  I quickly was reminded how I didn't miss all of it...  Politics mostly. Goodness!  Whichever way the election goes, people will not be happy.  But you know what, America will still be America.  Let's just hope it's a smarter America... But anyway, I think I got my fill in those 10 min, so I'll be okay.  ;)  
Have a great week!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment