Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What day is it?

I think it's Wednesday... right?  3 day weekends really throw me off, don't they you?  I have to say, though, that it was a nice long weekend!  No laboring whatsoever, I promise you that. Well, okay, I finally cleaned up my dirty dishes in the sink & emptied the dishwasher Monday night, but that just had to be done.  Other than that, I spent my weekend w/family & even went to go see a movie w/the husband!  I was very surprised, but he said we could go on Monday.  We went to see the Avengers, since it came back out to the theaters.  It was awesome!
I really don't have much of an update for you on the house or baby front, just that we are still patiently awaiting to hear news on either. I took my mom in the house a week ago, and she also really liked it.  We went after some heavy rain, and we didn't see any wet spots on the ceiling, so that was great.  This house will be a project, but at the price, if it's approved at this particular price, it's great.  Don assured me that we would not let the projects go undone.  It will be nice to finally put my decor up, rather than having it stored away - like the vases, or bowls or pictures, whatever.  And projects - hello pinterest!
As for the baby, we shall see.  Patience is doing very well, and when there's an update on that, you'll know!  Let's just say that I have set up a couple of appts w/my OB (same that I visited w/the first pregnancy) in the next couple of weeks, so maybe I'll get some info then. It's funny b/c I pretty much announced what my ov. schedule is to all my female coworkers, and they're watching me (esp when I pour on the hot sauce - which is totally normal anyway), and asking me questions.  And then to a friend of mine & my mother, I've mentioned a couple of things.  Like that I've been tired a lot, and then I was feeling nauseous all day yesterday, and that my boobs hurt, I don't like sweets, etc.  I mean, hmm... When I get news from the dr, whatever it is, and whenever I decide to share, if it's positive, they'll all be like, "um ya, Lara, we knew."  haha!  So I kinda painted myself into a corner on that one.  You know what else is weird? It's been a year ago that I miscarried. Did I mention that already in a post?  I was thinking, that it was exactly a year ago - give or take a few days.  We shared the info w/my mom a week or so before her b-day (which is 9/30) and then after that, in October, was when I miscarried.  So you get why I'm not wanting to say anything just yet. butohmygoshifeellikethiscouldbeanamazingmonthforusandi'msoanxiousthati'mbustingattheseams!!

So, how's your humpday going?  Tonight I'm super excited to have dinner w/one of my bestest girlfriends at Cantina Laredo, a yummy tex-mex place.  She and her precious little girl will be there, so it will be fun.  This friend of mine, can probably read me better than I can, so I'll have to put on a poker face!  (Oh wait, she's awesome at poker, too!!)  I'm a terrible liar, so this will be fun if she asks me any in depth questions.  teehee

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hey Lara! I add my faith with yours for a beautiful, healthy baby!! God bless you sweetheart!

    XO Monica
    monismix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I can't wait to go to my appt, one more week. Meanwhile, I feel like the Hulk w/these mood swings! aaarrrggghh!! I'd love to blame it on something... lol
      xo

      Delete
  2. My sister just suffered a miscarriage last fall and it was very difficult for her. I hated to watch her go through that pain. I have never really known anyone who has suffered from a miscarriage until a friend of mine did and then my sister a few weeks later. It hit us all hard. But we were hopeful for her and she is now expecting a baby in December. My prayers are with you and every woman who has experienced that heartache! I hope you have nothing but happiness ahead!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I was fortunate to go thru this at such an early stage, I found comfort in just knowing that I could now get pregnant (after not knowing if I could). I'm super hopeful now, and have a pretty good idea... ;) congrats to your sister, no matter at what stage, it's not easy to deal with - esp after wanting a baby so badly. much love to y'all!

      Delete
  3. you know, I think that people who claim to be "terrible liars" are always the most fun! It just seems to work out that way!

    I'm a new reader of yours- looking forward to your future posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? ;) lol
      Thanks for following - looking at yours next! Hope to have some fun posts in the upcoming weeks!!

      Delete