Saturday, April 13, 2013

Beauty Product Review (I'm spilling my secrets!)

So in lieu of another baby post, let's do a product review.  I've been meaning to share a few of these products with y'all b/c I have fallen in love with them completely.  They are a must for me when getting ready each day!  I have not really been much of a "designer" cosmetic purchaser, I'm fine with the ol' trusty Maybelline, Almay, Revlon, Cover Girl cosmetics, but I've stumbled upon some other products that I will splurge for.  Thanks to those samples we get from Sephora...  So here we go!

FACE:
Too Faced Primed & Poreless skin smoothing face primer.

This is literally the best primer I've ever come in contact with. I've used Benefit, Sephora brand (which is very nice, too), and maybe one from Bare Minerals, and I love this hands down.  It goes on so super smooth, and fills in my pores without clogging them. I've never had a breakout as a result of wearing this, and that excites me.  There is a tint to it, but only when you squeeze it out of the bottle, b/c it goes on and disappears.  I follow up w/my concealer (Almay Clear complexion concealer) and it doesn't budge.  This is a MUST for me on the daily.  The only time I don't wear it is sometimes on the weekend, when I wear my Garnier BB Cream, b/c that stuff is amazing too! Garnier - Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium
It's great for highlighting, and wears very well.  I keep it on hand for the weekends, and then just throw some bronzer on over it, some mascara, and I'm out the door.


benefit Hello Flawless Foundation. 

I absolutely love this b/c it is buildable, and it covers so nicely.  I wear it over my primer & concealer, but some days I just wear this.  It doesn't clog my pores, it will last all day while I'm at work, and it's just a great product.

On to some bronzers!  Yes, I think that bronzers are necessary all year long, not just during the winter time.  Let's be real; I work in an office, 8+hrs a day.  I don't have time to get out and lounge beachside or poolside and get a real tan.  So I do the next best thing - fake it.  I used to do the tanning bed thing, but that's $ I don't want to spend, plus the damaging effects on my skin - too much.  So I am a strong advocate for the Tan Towel.  I got mine on HSN one day, and they sell them at Sephora, too.  There's a classic & ultra color and they're super easy to apply.  Just don't forget to wipe your palms and knuckles off w/a makeup remover wipe afterwards, so they don't stain.  I run a wipe over my elbows, too, so they don't look so orange-y.   Oh, right, bronzers.  Sorry, got a little off track there.
I used to use an Almay bronzer, which was great b/c the pallet was one that had a lot of colors - which is preferred rather than one solid color - to look more natural.  I was on a Too Faced kick and got the Snow Bunny Luminous Bronzer and fell in love.  (Note: Yes, I love my make up. If I don't love it, why buy/use it?)  This small pallet has beautiful colors in it, w/just the right amount of shimmer w/out looking like a stripper or teenager trying too hard.  I am sad to say that I dropped it and it broke, so I carefully store it, and dab a little here and there for a quick glow.  That's just what it does - adds a nice glow.  Since the break, I went out to my local drugstore to find something similar, and picked up one of those Wet n Wild bronzers, Fergie's Centerstage Collections.  I know, I laughed myself, but it had a nice shimmer (not too much!) and a great pallet.  So why not?  This is not to say that every morning for the first month I was singing "Fergilious" while putting it on, but it's a good bronzer, good color, glow, etc.  It's so delicious... LOL!

For blush, I'm using benefit bella bamba, which is great for spring w/the pop of pink.  It's pretty, also wears well and is perfect for my skin tone.  I had to learn not to apply w/a heavy hand, b/c it's a bit too much  pop! 
EYES:
 bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener - this concealer is amazing!  I got a sample and fell in love the moment I put it on!  It's the perfect concealer/brightener for your eyes, w/out leaving that white, cakey look underneath (you know what I'm talking about!).  I hate seeing that look on girls, and feel badly for them.  If only they had a better blendable concealer - like this one!  So try it!

If you're like me, and like to wear eyeliner but  hate that it will transfer to the top of your eyebrow by the middle of the day, you get super frustrated.  I hated it!  Anywhere I went - work, out, dinner, parties, whatever, I always had to look in the mirror and wipe it away. Why oh why did I not realize that I needed a shadow primer in my life??  I had used benefit's stay don't stray eyeshadow concealer, but it was a little thicker & sorta left the light, cakey look when used as an under-eye concealer.  However, it was a great shadow concealer.  The one that I'm using on the daily though is of course Too Faced Shadow Insurance b/c of how light it goes on and how well it works.  You guessed it, I LOVE it.  I am squeezing the last out of my little sample, making it last as much as I can.  Amazing, I tell ya. My eyeliner stays put, doesn't budge or wear off, and never looks messy.  Word of caution, b/c this stuff is so good, line carefully!  It's a pain in the you-know-what to mess up, b/c it won't budge!  :)

In a beautifully primed, concealed, bronzed & blushed nutshell, these are the products that are in my makeup bag, and that I love using.  I hope that maybe y'all will try some out and share your suggestions of products you love, too!  Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment