Friday, April 26, 2013

37 weeks

a little overdue, but hey, that's my style...

How far along?  37 weeks (wk of April 14th)
Total weight gain/loss:  8lbs (phew!) 
Maternity clothes?  Yes - thank goodness for those maternity jeans. 
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep:  Yes, with the usual waking up to go potty each early a.m 
Best moment this week:  Hearing that my girlfriend (whose due date was 4/30 - a week  before mine) had her baby on 4/15!  Her daughter is so precious, we are looking forward to some new diva bff's when Ava's born!  Also, having my hospital bag packed & ready to go.  I've decided against a robe, I never wear one anyway, and it'll be summertime.  Unless I find the right one... Oh, and Ava's clothes are washed & folded neatly - along w/the bibs, blankets, ,burpees, towels, washcloths, sheets, etc.  And the bassinet is clean & laundered & ready for a little girl. 
Miss anything? Sleeping on my stomach!  I cannot wait to be able to do so again! 
Movement?  All the time, and I love it!  
Food cravings: I do like my chocolate & fortunately I'm not going overboard, b/c my weight was back to 8lbs.  I'm good!  
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Same ol' same - just have to be careful what I eat & at what time, and to have a zantac close by. 
Gender: girl
Labor signs: none at all 
Symptoms: Soreness down below (must be more growing), indigestion, exhaustion.  Got my first taste of dehydration - and saw weird spots (like when you look directly into a light bulb, then look away).  I got nervous but I wasn't swelling or anything else, so I knew it was just dehydration bc I hadn't had enough water Mon or Tues.  I drank a lot that night, and the spots went away.  I had two naps after work, too!  
Belly button in or out?  On the verge of not being an innie much longer. 
Wedding rings on/off: Off
Happy or moody? Happy, thank goodness. I'm out of the emotional phase, trying not to snap or get upset.  Just exhausted!  
Looking forward to:  Last week I was looking forward to the sonogram, which miss Ava decided to turn her back on us for, so I didn't get to see her little face.  But we saw her back & spine, and that looked so cool.  I also met the pediatrician and loved her!  A big plus, she is close friends (not just colleagues) with my regular doctor whom I love, so I was sold. This week was just making it another week.  All was well w/my OB appt, so that was great.  Baby is measuring about 6lbs 4oz right now, just perfect! 
Things to do this week: Make sure that hospital bag is complete (done!) and clothes are washed & ready (done & done!).   Really need to get the house in order b/c people are going to be coming to visit, to stay w/us and it can't look like we just moved in.  Time to get organized! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment