Monday, April 8, 2013

So in love.... & a 36 wk update (probably pregnancy hormones!)

This past Monday, 4/1, Don & I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary.  I am just so in love with my husband, I could get pretty sappy if you gave me a chance.  But I will totally spare you all that mess.  When we got married, we were blissful.  Then after a while, things really started to get real.  Sharing things - from space, time, emotions, problems - you name it, it wasn't the easiest.  We hadn't lived together prior to marriage, something we both agreed wasn't right for us as we liked our space & personal time, so that in itself was a major change.  Our first 2 years were definitely a roller coaster ride, but we hung tight, kept praying, kept God in our marriage, and have made it to year 6.  I wouldn't go back to do anything differently, and I'm pretty confident he would say the same thing. We learned, we grew and we are happy because of it. I love my husband more than anything, and it's so exciting to be in a marriage with him - and on this new journey to be parents.  I cannot wait to see him hold our first born, and to look into her eyes.  That is going to be so special for me.  I know that Ava will have an amazing daddy!  My relationship with my father only got better after my teenage years, and I am so blessed to have him in my life. I cherish and appreciate what he and I have grown into, and having a father like mine is pretty special.  There were years of lost time that I would've liked to have made up for, but realizing that moving forward and starting from fresh is more realistic - that's what makes it even more special.  So seeing it happen for my daughter, with her daddy gets me so excited.  Tears!!!
Oh, remember that crib that was stuck in my cubicle at work?  It found it's way home to me last week, on our anniversary, coincidentally... And when I got home from work, it was all set up!
It's so pretty - nice and white, simple and perfect.  Now we can match a white for the other furniture & get that taken care of.  I've been told that the furniture will be here this coming weekend, so that's awesome.  So excited!!  I thought the springs looked pretty low, but when I put the mattress in the crib, and put Coco in it, it sits up just fine. (I have to remember that bending over when the baby is out won't be as difficult as it is now!)  Of course Miss Coco thought she was in prison, but she's fine, I assured her. She'll like being in the crib!  Just kidding... she won't be there when Ava's in there. What do you think I am, a crazy person?  haha (please do not answer that)
So on to some more fun updates - I had this all set out yesterday, but then deleted it all b/c I was rambling so much!  My friend brought over 5 bags of clothes for us to go through of hand-me-downs from a coworker of hers.  OMG.... we had so much to go through!  We were squealing, "aww'ing"  and then of course the "omg what is this?!'  with the clothes.  It was so fun.  Don was in Ava's room putting up her blinds (with a few colorful words during, bless his heart), so that's done. He also got some for the front/guest bedroom, but he can do that next weekend.  The room is full of clothes in piles - separated by ages.  Yet another task - wash them and store them!  oy vey. 
More progress this past weekend, my mom & I went to Target and got 2 new lamps w/shades for the master bedroom, and window panels for the living room & window seat at the dining room.  I'm so excited!  It's funny how just these few things really brought the place together.  It's a bonus that the panels (in blue)only cost $19.99/each, and that I only need 3 total.  The lamp shades were under $20/ech.  I did a little mix-n-match w/the lamp bases, I got a more masculine base for Don & a more feminine one for me.  I liked them b/c they coordinate, they're the same color, but are more appropriate for each of us.   I've got 2 creamy white wing back chairs in our bedroom, too, as a sitting area, and I'm going to put a little table w/another lamp there, for reading, doing my blogs, coffee, whatever.  I've got a few extra lamps already, so I'm thinking of spray painting one (my "bird lamp" b/c it's got a pigeon on it lol) a brushed silver color and putting this shade on it, to coordinate w/the others.  All in all, it was a productive weekend! 

Now for the baby update: 
whoa baby!
36 weeks - the countdown has officially begun!

How far along?  36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:   last week, it was 10lbs, but I weighed today and it was 8.5lbs. I'm surprised b/c I feel so big - and I ate a whopper yesterday after church.  Not a jr., a full one!  oy!  Needless to say, yesterday was a little miserable. 
Maternity clothes?  Yes - thank goodness for those maternity jeans. 
Stretch marks? No
Sleep:  Yes, and a nap here and there on the weekend.  
Best moment this week:  starting the last month... I'm very anxious but so excited - and totally unprepared!! Also very excited about all the hand-me-downs!  Oh, and let's not forget that the swelling in my foot went down.  I weirdly only swell in my right foot, and only minimal in the left (so far...).
Miss anything? Bending over, not having to go the bathroom every few minutes... a cold drink! 
Movement?  A lot! 
Food cravings: I don't know that they're really "cravings" anymore,  but I find myself "grazing" after work, while I'm cooking dinner, later...  This is where the fat will catch up to me!  i need to get craving on some veggies!  (I do love apples though!)  
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Same ol' same - just have to be careful what I eat & at what time, and to have a zantac close by. 
Gender: girl
Labor signs: no, and none of the braxton hicks contractions either. 
Symptoms: Soreness in my rear (due to my work chair), indigestion
Belly button in or out?  innie
Wedding rings on/off: Off!!  Yep, it happened; I had to remove them this weekend, and I'm wearing a ring I found on ebay, a cz eternity band. (so i still look legit)
Happy or moody? Happy!  I did have to warn my mom that if she didn't pull away from the heifer in the truck that almost backed into her in the target parking lot, that she would hear some words she had no idea existed in my vocabulary.  I may be pregnant, but that won't stop me from wanting to hurt a bia, especially if it has to do with my mama. 
Looking forward to:  My 36 wk appt this Thursday - b/c I get a sonogram to see how big baby is.   I also get to meet the pediatrician for a meet & greet, and I'm taking mom, so that'll be interesting.  I need her there to ask questions I may not think of.  

-- I should add a new line for this weekly update, since we're on the homestretch: 
Things to do this week: pack up the hospital bag for me, Ava's "coming home" outfit & anything I want her to be in for pictures (the hospital has a photographer that goes around to the rooms & take pics of baby, put them on a website & you can order them later).  Also it will be a good time to get the newborn & 0-3 month clothing washed & ready for Ava. Next week I'll be "full term" and you never know when Ava will make an appearance!  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment