Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gels at home? I think so!

Picked up this gel kit I had been eyeballing for a while at my local Walmart.  I ran in for something totally unrelated and just had to skim the nail polish aisle, when it jumped out at me. I picked it up & tried to hide my glee when I saw that it came with it's very own UV light. I didn't buy it that day, but have had at least 2 gel manicures since, @ $25 a pop. This kit, including the base/top coat, a beautiful scarlet polish color, cleanser, wipes and UV light was just under $50. I just paid for two trips to the salon! So I tested it out on my thumb first and it truly was easy.  If you can polish your own nails like yours truly err um I mean a champ, this is worth it. There's a tutorial on nailene's website I watched at past midnight Friday, so Saturday it was time to take the plunge.  There are a bunch of colors to choose from, just under $10, and they're actually comparable to some opi colors. Plus I can always buy opi colors online or similar ones at ulta.  I'll be doing my other 9 digits today, so ask away if you're curious as to how it turned out. Oh, and if you're not brave enough to try it out, call me - I'll make house calls.
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment