Sunday, December 30, 2012

21 weeks - a week late

As if it would surprise any of you that know me to be late... This is a good excuse, though, so I'm already forgiven.  (Thanks.) Last week was pretty much a whirlwind of things going on - we had to pack up and move out of our rental by Saturday 12/22, as you know.  I stressed about it all day Friday, knowing my husband was there alone finishing up everything.  I mean, I couldn't lift anything anyway, but when he told me, "I just need you here," when I called him during my lunch break, I realized that taking the day off of work would have been much smarter.  I was looking for things to do at the office, I had gone thru my work so quickly.  Anyway, by the time I got off work (they let us go 30 min early), Don & his friend were finishing up, my mom was there helping out, and we just had a few more things to do.  We packed up the remainder of things (our clothes, etc) into our 4 cars and drove off.  Phew!  Saturday, we drove back out there and cleaned up, got any extra things we couldn't fit Friday night (cleaning supplies, etc) and got ready to make our escape.  In all the "fun" of cleaning both bathrooms, I must've had some water on my shoe, because as I was rounding a corner, I slipped & fell.  It scared me!  I slipped, went down on one knee, then the other, and caught myself w/my hand.  I literally saw my life flash before my eyes when I noticed the corner of the wall right at my left eye.  Don came running over asking what happened, and I just started crying.  Well, I tried to, at least.  No tears.  I told him what happened, he consoled me w/a chuckle (nervous, I'm sure), and then I cried for real.  Ah tears.  You know when you want to cry, but no tears come out, and it's such a disappointing feeling?  I never cry, well, rarely if ever, so this new hormonal thing is interesting.  So ya, that happened.  We were all done and out of there by 3'ish, so the whole day wasn't shot.  Note to self: hire cleaners next time, especially if pregnant.  OMG, I overdid it w/the bending over, scrubbing the tub/shower, even doing the mopping.  When we close on the house, I will take the day off, hire someone to clean & not worry!  The one good thing that came from all that moving around - I got to feel some kicks from the baby!
So here is a recap of week 21.

How far along? 21 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss? I'm at prebaby weight
Maternity clothes? Yes! I love showing the bumpette - I find myself showing it off more than not
Stretch marks? no
Sleep? yes
Best moment this week?  Moving out of the rental and being done w/that mess. 
Miss anything? Not really
Movement? A little movements on Saturday! 
Food cravings?  Nothing out of the ordinary
Anything make you queasy or sick? not right at the moment
Have you started to show yet? Yep! And am getting some belly rubs, too. 
Gender?  Girl -- Ava Elizabeth 
Labor signs?  no
Belly button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off?  on
Happy or Moody?  Exhausted but happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment