Monday, April 14, 2014

Another countdown is on.

What's this one for, you ask? Oh just for little miss turning 1! Oh goodness. It's already been 11mo and she's almost 1. Wrapping my head around having a one year old is not the easiest thing to do. I look back at this week a year ago and I was scrambling to get everything done before Ava's arrival. Last minute touches to the house,  making sure her room was all set, my bag was packed and trying to stay calm for all of it. And now look. A beautiful baby girl, walking around the house, happy as can be.  We are beyond blessed.  We are past happy. We are totally enamored with this girl.  Hearing Don tell me that she was his everything melted my heart.  I look at that little face and rub my fingers on her cheek that's as smooth as silk and thank God for trusting me to care for her. What could I have done to deserve something so perfect?  She's mine. Ours. For now our little family is complete. (I have some serious puppy fever though.  Working on that...)  Not a day goes by that we thank God for our life. Ahh...

No comments:

Post a Comment