Friday, June 29, 2012

t.g.i.FINALLY!!

finally Friday...
finally end of the month @ work...
finally stopped raining (bye bye trop storm Debby!)...
finally home...
finally another Friday post!!

This sure has been quite a week, huh?  We've had so much rain here in Jacksonville from Tropical Storm Debby, it was crazy.  My backyard was flooded a bit, but no where near the destruction they are experiencing in west Florida.  My heart goes out to all of the families that couldn't get to their homes or businesses.  That got me thinking, what is worse, flooding or fires?  My goodness, the fires in Colorado! I wonder what our hurricane season will be like this summer. I think we all may want to start prepping for the season if the hurricanes will be worse than this storm was.  I must admit that not once did I think, "gosh, when will this rain stop?!" I mean, we are in such a drought here in FL, now we'll hopefully be at less risk for fires.  I mean, rain = wet feet/shoes. How do we remedy?  Rain boots!!!  So my search for rain boots is on!  I've found some on amazon.com that I love, and a coworker walked in w/the same style this week.  Sold. I'll be purchasing these *much needed* boots this weekend.  That's improvising, and overcoming.  ;)

I'm also glad that I survived work this week.  Our manager left us last week, so we knew that it would be a little hectic w/out him.  One of my teammates (there are 3 of us) was out of town on vacation all week (why at the month & quarter end?! lol) so we were prepared for his absence.  However, my other teammate suddenly got ill & was also out all week!  I know what you're thinking... hooky? Nope.  Fully legit.  Her daughter got the flu, and you know what that means... she got it also.  These inevitable things that happen to parents.  Thank goodness I haven't contracted anything from my Coco.  (another plus of not having kids right now...) Call me the "Lone Ranger," baby, b/c I was reppin' for our dept!  Fortunately, she was able to work from home, which was awesome, and made it not as stressful.  I worked closely w/my acct dept (or they w/me, rather) and it all just flowed so nicely.  Amen & AMEN! All in all, it was quiet, super busy and very productive.
We ended the week on a good note, and when I got home, my husby decided to take me to dinner.  We laughed, talked a ton, and joked around.  It was great.  Now we're settling down for our night.  I can't wait for tomorrow - somehow I got him to accompany me to an appt in the afternoon.  I baited him w/a massage (we're both going to get one) & a pedi!  Yep, he's going w/me!  Can't wait for our Saturday Couple's Bonanza!!
How did you spend this Fancy Friday??

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see that your week turned out well! Have fun with the hubby tomorrow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Already dropped the massages b/c there are no female therapists... but at least I'll get a pedi out of it! ;)

      Delete