Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's in the air...

Fall! Football! Darker/richer colors in clothing, nail colors, lip colors!  Scarves!  Oh I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  Let's not forget the smells, too. I ran in Bath & Body yesterday and picked up a couple of their 3-wick candles in some yummy fall scents, Autumn & Leaves.  I love these!  I love the smell of the crisp apple and spicy scents in them.  If you are a sucker for fall, like I am, I suggest trying these scents.  I also love their Sweet cinnamon pumpkin, especially for my hand soaps.  I got the wallflowers in this scent, too.  It just puts me and my house in the mood for fall!
I am in search of a cute blazer, to fit my body right.  I love the way they look and what they can do to an outfit.  Y'all know I love my scarves, so I cannot wait to put some on daily!  I have a few "summer scarves" that I could be wearing, but for some reason, I haven't been doing so lately. I think I need to just get in my closet and pick out some tops for them. (Or maybe I need to go buy a couple more tops... shhh) ;)  Either way, I'm looking forward to rocking a scarf and blazer sometime this fall.  Let's not forget the cardi's and scarves.  I've started belting more tops, so I think maybe the boyfriend cardi, thin belt, clean laying jeans, scarf and booties will be a good look.  Why do I feel the need to explain my wardrobe to you?  I don't know, but did I mention how much I love fall?!?! haha!
Back to some football: I am (like the Jacksonville Jaguars' slogan says) "all in!" this season. I am on a quest to fill my closet and incorporate some Jags gear - "cattitude" as we like to call it here, like this super cute scarf.  Can't wait to rock it this fall!  Throw a black, white or teal top underneath, I'm good to go! I just picked up these cute shoes last weekend too!  I may need to get this top, too - and throw a black cardi over it w/some skinny jeans and platform wedges.  I love a good animal print.  What's funny is that it's "leopard" print but we call it "Jaguar" print in Jacksonville.  We own that.  It's just fun!  As for my Gator gear, I've recently purchased a super cute orange Michael Stars top w/dolman sleeves (couldn't find an exact pic of it, but it's pretty much like the one I linked, just in a brighter, summery orange).  You have seen the cobalt blue bubble necklace from my previous posts, that will go perfectly w/it.  Can't wait to wear it this Friday - College Colors day!!  I also snagged some tops on sale @ Old Navy, a blue gingham camp shirt & a light orange oxford shirt (along w/2 pairs of their $19 jeans - hello!).  So I'm getting ready.  I've got to polish my nails today in essie bazooka (that wasn't as orange as I had thought, btw).  Oh how I love it!  Flags for the car are ready, koozies are ready to hold a beverage of choice, and Coco has her collar ready, too.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention!  I signed Coco up for the Wiener Dog Race again for Oktoberfest in Savannah, GA.  I think I had mentioned that last year, just 2 days before the race, she had gotten terribly sick and we had to take her to the vet to get fluids, antibiotics, etc, so we didn't make it.  Poor little girl, she was so sick it was pitiful!  We think she had eaten something gross outside, you know, like dachshunds do.  So we're super excited this year, it's on October 6th, and we'll be set!  I'll have her in some Gator gear, don't you worry!  I had made her a pearl necklace/collar and fashioned a blue & orange grosgrain bow on it.  I have to keep her streamlined, though, so she can run and not be distracted.  If you search the site, you may find video of the previous years' races.  They are hilarious!
Well, hope y'all enjoyed all the links I've posted today... and hope that your Sunday afternoon is wonderful.  Pray for all those who went thru the hurricane & those that will feel it tomorrow, Tuesday, etc.  We're going to be fine over here in Northeast FL I believe, but we'll get some rain.  (and darn it if I never got my rain boots!)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment