Friday, May 3, 2013

39 weeks, 5 days (but who's counting?)

Who?  I'll tell ya who - I am! And so is my husband, my best friend, my coworkers... Almost everyone.  Who isn't?  My mom & my unborn baby.  They are not counting. They don't care for an early arrival.  Not one bit! I would prefer baby to skip over May 5th, I don't like margaritas.  Her due date is 5/6, so that's fine.  I would also prefer her to make an appearance before Mother's Day, so that I get one to celebrate with her and my mama & grandmothers. Surely she won't delay a week, right?  Lord only knows! So I'll just let it ride, and let her come when she's good and ready.  I have decided that I will not be induced unless medically necessary, which would mean she may just be a week late or so. I spoke with my nurse practitioner today & she said that they don't really like to go past 41 weeks.  So I may miss out on Mother's Day, but I can manage.   If it means a healthy baby, no problemo!  We are just so excited to meet this little girl, and have already been so blessed w/this pregnancy!   So as I sit here, trying to get in a comfortable position, I am loving all the movements that Ava is making, enjoying it for the last couple of weeks, and spoiling my little furbaby to no end!
perched on the window seat - watching me b/c she wants my chicken noodle soup daddy made & also to go outside, but it's raining!
my little ham

On to the update you've been waiting for!

pardon the selfie!  

How far along?  39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:   10lbs  
Maternity clothes?  Yep
Stretch marks? No (but veins are visible on the belly, just a couple)
Sleep:  Yes, thank goodness!   
Best moment this week:  


  
 Hands down, has to be getting the furniture done & in Ava's room! It is so beautiful!  It's a super super light pink, almost white, and really looks shabby chic.  I spray painted the knobs in a bubble gum pink, and love the way it turned out.  This furniture was my mom's growing up, and I used it too as a child.  That is so special to know, being passed down 2 generations.  See, shabby chic w/a past!  aww...    Also, found out that I'm still at 3cm dilated & 60% effaced.  No progress, but I'm doing very well.  And, I managed to squeeze in that pedi I've been looking forward to.  (next up, a mani?)  I should add here that really the best thing was when my husband took me out to dinner Wednesday night.   We went to a new (to us) Thai restaurant & had such a great time.  He told me that he knew I was uncomfortable, but that he thought I was a very pretty pregnant girl - and he loved seeing his wife like this.  It was so sweet and special.  I can't wait to see our daughter in his arms, I know he's going to be such an amazing daddy, b/c he's already an amazing husband.  God has blessed me tremendously!
Miss anything?  Shaving - I tried it this a.m. and it is not easy!  Also, not having to pee again every time I pull my pants back up from going - the second time!  
Movement?  Yes, for sure. She likes to be very active from 8pm-10pm or later. I finally have to go to bed, b/c it's not until then that she'll settle down.  In fact, she's bumpin' around right now.  Poor thing needs more room for activities!  
Food cravings: Still the frozen yogurt.  I want some right now! 
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Not really, I think I'm past that.  I still just try to be careful. 
Gender: girl
Labor signs: nope, still nothing - not even the slightest contraction. 
Symptoms: Soreness - like growing pains, discomfort, and getting up & down from my office chair is a little painful.  Gotta move a little slower these days. 
Belly button in or out?  In - thinking it'll stay in.  
Wedding rings on/off: Off - I miss my ring- still. 
Happy or moody? Happy, blessed, not as moody.  However, I totally snapped and my mama was the recipient of that - bless her heart.  I was just overwhelmed w/what all was going on last Sunday w/the cleaning, furniture, etc and also b/c I was starting 39wks.  Thank goodness my mama & I are close enough that when I went in my bedroom & closed the door, she got the hint & left. We spoke a few hours later & I apologized & told her not to.  I need her - I still have to be careful how I react w/these hormones, but at the same time, I appreciated that she understood.   Phew!  
Looking forward to: Taking it easy and finishing up w/the last touches on the house & bedrooms.  
Things to do this week: Oh I forgot, my sister-in-law told me to spend 15 min each night in Ava's room getting it ready, and I've not.  Oops!  So I'll do that this weekend.  I'm so excited b/c our house is looking so good inside, and feeling complete. Only thing left is for Miss Ava to fill the space!                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment