Saturday, June 30, 2012

Too good to be true

You know that saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is?" Well, it is.  If you read my previous post, you will recall I was so excited to spend my Saturday with my husband - massages, light shopping & pedi's.  I was so surprised when he even agreed to do these things with me.  I went to sleep a happy & excited girl.  I woke up suuuuper late this a.m. (hey, I was exhausted after the week I had), and told him that I couldn't wait for our day, to which he replied, "I'm going fishing later."  Well, that was that! I tried for the massages but there were no female therapists available this weekend - scratch that. I told him we could still make the other stuff, and he certainly didn't want a pedi, either.  I guess I had him at a weak moment last night and he realized he wasn't into this more girly stuff. I'm not mad about it, you know?  First of all, that wouldn't have solved anything.  But I was so surprised that he had agreed in the first place, so it wasn't that hard to understand him not going.  He's such a manly man.  haha
You know that other saying, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission?"  This one I'm not totally sold on. I don't operate that way, nor does my husband. We've never been like this.  I have friends who say it all the time, be it regarding their husbands, friends or just in general.  I just don't practice it. But today I kinda did.  I mean, I consulted w/my husband ("permission") about something that I was going to do, but when I told him after the fact, I felt so guilty! He reacted in a way I was not expecting, and it made me feel like poop. I was shaking, and nervous, like I had done something so wrong.  It was more than I had originally set out to do, so I get why he reacted negatively.  Sticker shock.  There was no yelling or arguing.  I knew he would be shocked but it still made me feel badly.  So I went home - took the long way, avoiding him (and w/out the pedi or other things I had wanted to do).  He was going fishing and I kinda wanted to wait until he was gone to get home.  Isn't that silly?  Acting like a scaredy-cat! We consult w/each other on everything.  Well, pretty much everything, especially involving money.  Okay, a lot of money.  I don't have to consult w/him on every little thing I buy, but if it's a lot, it's just a good idea to discuss.  Long story short, it was worth it, affordable & he will get over it.  Bad thing is when I know I upset him, even if he gets over it, I punish myself - thinking too much.  He came home from fishing and was still a little upset, I could tell. He'll be @ his dad's tomorrow w/his brother, so maybe he'll be more comfortable when he comes home.
I can only hope... ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment