Saturday, April 5, 2014

A mother's work...

Is never done!  Neither is a wife's. You could pretty much insert any role in that phrase.  I feel like for myself, though, that the laundry is never done. I feel so good about doing it, folding, putting it all away, and then I look in the basket that next day and it's overflowing. How? And then oh ya, don't forget the baby's stuff.  Just when you think that you have time to sit down and exhale after a long day's work, nope. Don't forget to pack up the baby's bag for daycare tomorrow, and oh ya, make husband's & your lunch, and why don't you go ahead and just finish those dishes you put aside two days ago? Throw in a baby weaving in & out of your legs, whimpering for your attention.  Ok, steal a couple of min- oh! Spoke too soon, it's bath time!  Splish splash!  Lotion rubs, maybe pin her down & use the suction thing on her runny nose thanks pollen!),  wipe tears away and coo her to calm.  Set her down and fill up the humidifier, before she gets back in the bathroom to open up all the cabinets & slam the doors. Make sure the music is on in her room, set out her outfit for tomorrow.  Maybe let her ransack her book basket.  Then snuggles on the sofa and then bottle as daddy dozes off & Coco sits next to us with panda. Baby can go to bed now (about 10pm), so we can now relax... Hubby is asleep already on the sofa.  Coco is following me around, waiting for me to settle so she and her panda can rest in my lap.  Don't forget to take an allergy pill!  Ok so now it's time to say ahhh.... Eyes feel heavy... sofa feels so soft... should I go take my makeup off? Brush my teeth?  Nah in a minute.
It's been a minute and it's now 1:45a.m.  Oops. Guess I'll move to the bed now. One more peek in at the babe, soundly sleeping. Heavy breathing, darn allergies.  Brush teeth.  Remove bra. Bed. Zzzzzzzzz
Alarm. Snooze. x's 3. UP.  Shower, get as ready as can be before baby wakes up.  Diaper, clothes, nose -wipe tears!! Bottle, out the door!  And so the cycle repeats itself.

psssssstt.... i wouldn't change any of this for the world. God sure has blessed me & I am ever so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment