Sunday, December 13, 2015

Beau - already 1 month

Look who's already a month old!  While I'm ready for him to be about 5 months old, I still can't believe that he's already a month old.  This first month has been something else.  While Ava was my great sleeper, Beau is not so much. That being said, he will do his share of sleeping. But he cluster fed like a monster for the first couple of weeks. Either I didn't remember, or I do, but he and Ava are very different.  She had longer stretches of sleeping, and he does not.  He eats a lot more!  He is a boy, what do I expect, huh?


Ava is finally coming around to the idea of having a little brother.  She helps push his stroller, will sit with him while I prepare meals, gently gives him his paci, and recognizes when he doesn't want it - by saying,  "Beau don't  want his paci, mommy."  She even kisses him now, and will ask to hold him occasionally  (with my help).  It's very sweet.  And she's going to be a great sister as he grows.









We've already introduced him to formula,  because I was afraid he wasn't getting enough milk when he nursed.  He would be hungry all the time, so we decided to give it a try.  Fortunately,  for all of us, he adjusted well.  He's not completely on formula, but supplementing it. I didn't think I would have done this so soon, but adjustments are made as time goes by.  Things don't always go as planned, as we know, so it's been an emotional time getting accustomed to different ways.
It's been an interesting month, and we love seeing Beau change so much. From his smiles and coo's to holding his head up (for moments) and sleeping on us, we love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment