Sunday, December 13, 2015

Part 2, Here we grow again (from the 1st trimester)

There's a much-needed update, being that we're at 6 months now of no posts, pictures, etc.  I'm ashamed, but human, so cut me some slack please.  ;)  (I have filled out most of Beau's baby book already, so I'm ahead of that, thank you very much!) For part 1, see this previous post.  "Here we grow again"
 For the first trimester, after finding out that I was  pregnant, we didn't tell anyone.  No, I take that back, my friend knew, she had to while I was keeping it from even Don, and Don spilled to one of his long time friends.  Our family, they were in the dark.  I made my appointment at what I had marked as 8 weeks, and things were great.  We really didn't want to tell anyone until we were past the first trimester.  Mostly because we were still in shock, I think.
Our special Easter announcement!
Mom found out a few weeks later, in the heat of a "discussion" we were having - as mothers and daughters often do. And she was super happy. We told the family after the first trimester, on Easter Sunday (April 5), and right after.   Everyone happy and super excited.   We told a few super close friends, but nothing public.    I didn't tell my work that I was pregnant until I was just over 12 weeks, after we had heard the heartbeat.  I had to wear loose clothing, because I was feeling like the bump was starting to show.  It was April 15 when I told them. (They didn't believe me!)  I just waited and didn't want to share much.  We found out the baby's sex at 20 weeks, right before Father's Day. I had hoped it was going to reveal a boy, and make such a great Father's Day gift for Don, his dad, my dad, his step-dad.  Well, yay!  It sure did!  Don was elated. We both were so happy!
Happy Easter from our growing family! 
For the first trimester, I was happy, not ill, things were going pretty well, as they had with Ava, thank goodness.  I was sensitive to smells, but that's not really out of the ordinary considering.  So all in all, trimester 1 was good to me.  (I did get super moody come the 2nd trimester, exhausted by the 3rd, but 1st was ok.) Baby H was nameless for quite a while, into the 2nd trimester, which you've read about in my other posts.  I think this pretty much takes care of the 1st trimester at this point.  :)  Thanks for stopping by, and pardon the delay.  I don't know why I was having such a hard time completing this.  Well, I do, it's because it's in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment