Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tanlines in November?

Is it possible? Why yes, yes it is. And not to boast, but I'm quite pleased to say that I have some! So my back is a little pink (and oddly enough, my calves), but that's ok. I'm bronzed where it matters.  It's nice to have a tan, and even a vacation. Don and I have been fortunate enough to afford the expense of one and time off from work. It has been much appreciated. We've caught up on relaxing, fishing, tanning, reading, some redbox movies; just being together.  I've really noticed how clear my mind has been.  I've not done a lot of any thinking and I think I've forgotten that this is a great time to be reflective of God. I'm ashamed to admit it even. I mean usually I'm praying more during the day, on my way to and from work, etc.  But I've just cleared this mind of mine.  It's nice to not be stressed out about work and people, but this is the perfect time to make an effort to focus my thoughts and attention on God. (Whoa, I've taken a turn from my love for scarves, pearls and polish, huh? Well, folks, He is another biggie in my life - THE biggie, so it'll probably be reflected in my blog.)  So as I sit here on the beach, watching the don surf fish, I'm taking in the beauty that surrounds me.  The waves crashing against the beach, the pinks and oranges of the sky, showing the sun setting, the birds skittering along the shore, and remembering the sunrise this morning (pic attached).  All of it God's work.  How amazing is this? Truly amazing. So in being thankful for my slightly bronzed skin, time off and a clear mind, Lord, I am thankful for the beauty that you've created. 


No comments:

Post a Comment