Monday, November 28, 2011

End of November...



quick table arrangement w/real gords!
me & the don <3
And can you believe it?!?! The month is almost gone - in two days!  Wow, how time flies. I never used to think that it did, but now that I'm an adult and "all grown up," time just goes by too quickly.  It's annoying to hear people say on Mondays, "I'm ready for the weekend!"  Wow, really?  After a whopping 2 days, you want to rush through 5 to get back to them?  Why not just appreciate each day for what it is - another day of your life?!  One of our delivery drivers says it every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  I quietly say to myself, "I'm not [ready for the weekend]!"  Okay, enough of my rant... I hope your Thanksgiving was nice, and that you got to spend time with your families, near or far.  Don and I went up to Waycross, GA, with my bro and his gf, to visit my father, his wife and son and my grandmother.  It was great to do that, b/c we hadn't been able to visit each other for so long.  It was a great visit; lots of great food (we each brought some things along), laughs and just great family time.
me & daddy

mmm...turkeydressin'cranberriesquashgreenbeanssweetpotatoespies!!!  no rolls. see, we cut back somewhere...oh, the sacrifices we must make!  ha.  We got a bunch of great pictures, too.  I'm trying to upload them to my pc right now, and it's done so, but the program is frozen; gosh I hope I don't lose them!!! grrr... I'll try not to jinx myself.
step-bro ryan, daddy, me & coco, chris, shellie & bobo, meme and the don  
black hemp/pearl/ribbon/rosette
So as promised, I have included a couple of pictures of my pearly projects.  I should've taken some before pictures, to show you what I used to create, but I stayed up waaaaay too late to do this, and by the time I was finished, I said forgetaboutit.  On the necklace, I used a couple of strands from a faux pearl 4 string bracelet I had purchased from Premier Jewelry.  I just cut it up, b/c the clasp had tarnished a bit.  I used black hemp to string the pearls, and mixed in two pieces of thin, black ribbon.  I added a pretty black rosette to tie it together.  Wore it to church the next day and got some complements!  I also made a little bracelet, using hemp again, but stringing jade colored little circle beads - they look like spree candy almost.  I took apart another necklace that had a tarnished chain, and added part of the charm (with pearls!) next to the closure.  This one I really like.  I have another strand of the jade beads, and can't wait to figure out   what to make.  I am not overflowing with ideas, but I will experiment some.  Maybe I should browse the pages of etsy for some ideas.  There are so many beautiful, simple pieces out there, and that's what I love.  I went through so many pieces of my costume jewelry and was thinking, "omg, I have so much to tear apart!"
nail color: essie mink muff
black horizontal stripe top: old navy

the bracelet (sorry for the poor pic quality)

pearl necklace w/black hemp & ribbon & black rosette 

No comments:

Post a Comment