Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Friday, Friday getting down on Friday...

Happy Friday, y'all! 
I hope it's been as good a day for you that it has me.  It's not been anything in particular, but it started off well,  cold for us Floridians, but perfect to me. I love the cold! Now you yankees (I say that with love) may laugh at what we think is cold. Yes, 50 is cold and 40 is super cold!! Fortunately though, our days warm up and it doesn't stick. We heard a "cold snap" was coming thru and I'm not gonna lie, we got giddy bc we know it's bonfire time!! It is so nice to have a yard and room for a fire pit. We spent many a day and night out back just enjoying the fire and chilly weather. Love that smell :) I'm actually outside now! (Picture for ya!) So while I'm here, let me share my new ideas.
Trying to come up with a theme for this blog and if I didn't already mention, I'm thinking I'll "dedicate" it to a working girl's guide to fashion and accessories, on a working girl's budget. I'm talking realistic purchases from normal stores like the ever popular old navy & target.  And I like Stein mart too. I like scarves and I love nail polish & lip gloss. I will post for you a picture of today's scarf. Since I posted the pic from work the other day, I figured I'd do it in the same spot. See, the pen means I'm working - haha.  I pinned a tie tack of my grandfather's to my scarf; it's an "H" and I love to wear it. I have another of his and I'd like to get them made into a charm bracelet.  My friend inspired me when she wore a tie tack from her grandfather that was a small gold boat oar on her scarf. What a great idea. (P.s. my nail color is Essie's A List.)
Oh my gosh I almost forgot about my best idea! I've been wanting to wear pearls more often, because the epitomize southern charm. While lunching with another girlfriend this week, I noticed how pretty she looked in her pearls and we both agreed they're ladylike in every way. So after wearing them more this week & purchasing a pair of earrings last night, I thought it would be fun to wear pearls everyday throughout December. And then I thought, why not all year? I'm thinking the challenge will begin on Sunday,  November 13. My 33rd birthday.  Game on! ;)




1 comment:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete