Monday, March 26, 2012

Sale away... Garage sale, that is


This past weekend our neighborhood posted signs for a community garage sale, and much to my surprise, my husband asked me if I wanted to go look around Saturday a.m.  Whaaaat?  Of course I would!  I was so shocked that he would actually want to do that, I almost choked!  So we got up, got ready and went out late (had to wait for the bank to open so he could get some $1's), around 9:45'ish, to check out the goods.  My facebook status said that, "...this could be pinteresting," and I was excited!  What could I find to make shabby chic, which is my unofficial decorating style.  Well, I found a very retro table w/6 chairs for $75!  I loved it, but only 65%, so I passed on it.  However, I did find one house that did all shabby chic & got her email address.  She told me that she's going to do this out of her garage maybe once a month - which is great, b/c it's literally on the next corner from my house.  I passed on her items, just b/c I don't have the space for it. 
I did find some lovely things a few streets over.  A girl was selling an entire set of dishes (service for 8), tea/coffee cups w/the saucers, fruit salad plates, bowls, gravy boats, sugar/creamer dishes, 2 large vegetable bowls, large platter... you get it.  The set! It has little pink roses on the rim, w/a gold lip.  I passed on it, but was thinking, omg - pinterest and all the other things I've seen for shabby chic pieces like these show I can use it for everyday!  Like cotton balls, jewelry trays, make up trays, whatever.  We walked around the block and I went back.  For $8 I snagged a sugar bowl, gravy bowl w/a saucer & a fruit salad plate.  So cute!  $8!  (My one day baby girl will have a shabby chic room, I've already decided!) 


After we went home to drop these things off, we got in the car and drove to the back of the neighborhood, where I picked up a brand new, cobalt blue le creuset 6qt stock pot w/the pasta/steamer insert!  I just looked it up online and the stock pot is $55, and I got it for $5.  We also picked up a little freezer for the garage & a cooler for $55 total - a killer steal on the cooler, btw, and some chains for Don's boat.  All in all, it was a good day!  Pics below. 
What fun things have you found at local garage sales? 


No comments:

Post a Comment