Tuesday, January 1, 2013

22 weeks - Happy New Year!

A week into it, and we 3 have adjusted pretty well to life in the studio apartment that is my mom's lower level of her townhouse. It's different, but we are handling it like champs.  We won't know what to do with all the room in the new house!  Speaking of which, I got wind that we may not close until the END of January.  Yikes... So we got that going for us.  How funny is this - if I may be catty for a moment - the rental that we had  to be out of by 12/25, is still unoccupied.  We had to rush and get out or the owner would lose the sale, and it's still empty!  How do we know, you ask?  Well, we had to go out near that side of town yesterday, and did  little drive by.  Looks the same as we left it.  But you know, whatever. We're out and finished with that.  (Except for his realtor texting me asking questions that she could've asked him herself - hello we moved out!)  It's just all for the better, to finish our year out on a good foot.  And we are. God continues to bless us,  thank you goodness!  All will work out in the end.
I almost forgot - Christmas was this past week too!  Yes, Christmas!  Oh gosh, I'm sorry I've almost forgotten about that altogether.  It was such a different Christmas, with the moving, not doing my usual Christmas eve dinner party, and not exchanging gifts.  I got some gifts for my niece, sister-in-law, mom, bro & his girlfriend - just little things.  Don and I agreed not to get each other gifts, and that was weird.  I so wanted to go get something for him, but he made me promise I wouldn't.  We're going to get him a new vehicle this week, we'll be buying a new sofa & dining room table, so we don't need anything. . It just made it a little different.  When I got to work on Wednesday, and was asked how it went, I said, "it was a Tuesday."  I didn't mean to be flippant, but that's kinda how it was.  We did all get together over here at mom's house on Christmas eve, so that was fun, and it went well.  She thought it would be a good idea to get things for a local homeless shelter in lieu of gifts for everyone.  She sent out formal invitations to everyone, with a list from the shelter of needed items.  I love that idea, and it's surprising to compare what you may spend on gifts for someone, and then we you go get things from a list, and spend only a fraction of the cost, you feel like you can buy so much more.  My mom didn't want to stop shopping, so that was really fun.  
Tomorrow is New Year's Eve!  That I almost forgot about, too.  Yikes!  What a way to end 2012, with a complete lack of awareness of time - oh wait, I'm pretty sure I already suffer from that anyway.  2013 will be a great year, with a new home (we hope!), a new baby, a new life! We are so excited to travel down this new path, to see what God will bless us with, and just to be together experiencing all that life will hand us.  Good or bad, we know that we can get through it.  Not alone - but with the help and by the grace of God! Team work makes the dream work!  ;)  

How far along? 22 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss? I've gained about 2 lbs - thanks to all the Christmas goodies! 
Maternity clothes? yes, but having a hard time finding some skinny maternity jeans.  my search is not over. 
Stretch marks? no
Sleep? it's been a little difficult, but that's just b/c I'm not on my bed.  I am tired a lot still. 
Best moment this week?  Hearing my husband tell 2 strangers, "well, she's pregnant so...," both while at restaurants lol!  That and when he rubs my belly. I love seeing his eyes light up when he thinks of his daughter. aww!  Oh, and telling more people her name - just love it! 
Miss anything? Not really
Movement? Every now & then - she likes to move after I eat - the spicier, the more active she is! 
Food cravings?  Nothing out of the ordinary
Anything make you queasy or sick?  Onions - now cooked ones, too.  I've reached the heartburn/indigestion phase & I don't like it!  (esp when I'm trying to sleep...)
Have you started to show yet? Still a little high, but I'm filling out a little more it seems. 
Gender?  Girl -- Ava Elizabeth 
Labor signs?  no
Belly button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off?  on
Happy or Moody?  Happy :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment