Tuesday, February 19, 2013

28 Weeks

I can hardly believe that it's been 28 weeks already!  It's truly amazing how quickly time does fly once you start to notice it.  Almost daily, I'm still in disbelief that I'm actually pregnant, and that we have been blessed thus far with a great pregnancy, and a healthy little baby growing inside of me. After all the waiting, and wondering if/when it would happen, now it's really happening. So quickly!  I was talking to a friend a few weeks ago and she seemed impatient at not being able to (so far) become pregnant. She said that she gave it over to God, and trusted that He will take care of her and her husband when the time came.  I told her that was exactly the right thing to do.  If you truly believe that God can bless you and will in HIS time, it will make this wait so much easier.  So often we want to control our lives and the outcome of everything, but we can't. As soon as we realize this, life gets a tad bit easier.  It's not always going to be easy, my goodness, and sometimes we may never get that answer to our question, but there's an answer in the silence, too.  I pray that she and her husband are blessed at the right time, and are patient in waiting.  
I've said it before, that this pregnancy thing is so surreal, and that never gets old to me.  It IS so surreal.  It's not until every appt I go to where I can hear her heartbeat, or every time I feel that weird swirling in my belly that I am reminded that she's still in there, growing more and more each day. My belly bump feels bigger some days than others, and I'm okay with that.  I love hearing my husband pray to God, thanking him for "our sweet baby girl" each day.  I think I'm learning about the growing love that my best friend told me about, the love that will grow with each passing day, until I'm completely head over heels in love with this baby.  She told me I would never love something as much as I will my baby, and I am slowly starting to feel that.  Wow.  It's amazing.  I mean, I fell completely in love with my little Coco, and that's not changed!  Not even when she's a little bitty some days, b/c she sure can be!  So I can only imagine the love I'll feel for this human!  (Can you tell that this pregnancy is also bringing about a lot of new emotions?! ha!) 
So on to my week 28 update, before I bore everyone with my emo-talk!  
One more thing - house update.  Paint/siding has been completed, ceilings are now popcorn free (yay!), so now we paint this coming weekend, carpet, clean & move in 2 weeks!!  Yippee!!

Heartburn City, baby

How far along?  28 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:   +4 1/2 lbs
Maternity clothes?  Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep:  Sleep is a little more difficult this week, mostly b/c I was getting over a cold, and my body is staring to hurt!  I woke up at 4am one morning, super sore and you know who was moving all around!
Best moment this week:  Finding a few cute things for miss Ava's room.    
Miss anything? My bed!!  Man I can't wait to have that bad boy back!  
Movement?  She has her days, and then quiet times. 
Food cravings: Nah... I had that milkshake and paid for it later that night - heartburn - boo. 
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Nothing makes me queasy, but lots of different things give me heartburn.  Zantac is now my bff. We talk every night. 
Gender: girl
Labor signs: nope
Symptoms: Heartburn, back pain, leg pain, butt pain... 
Belly button in or out?  More shallow by the day!
Wedding rings on/off: On! 
Happy or moody? Oh man, mom tried to call me out this weekend, saying I can't keep using my pregnancy as a reason to snap or be snippy.  To which I quickly reminded her, "oh yes I can!" lol 
Looking forward to: A freshly painted house and then the rest of the work being done!!

xoxo

 


No comments:

Post a Comment