Sunday, July 22, 2012

Silly Sunday!

Hey out there! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday - or trying to at least.  Me, I'm being silly out in the backyard w/my little Coco.  Playing w/my webcam and trying to get her to sit still is not an easy task.  But we did it.  I wanted to show off my nails - got a little creative yesterday.  Or last night, too late.  I gave myself an at-home pedi (pedi egg is nice!) and polished up my toes in essie: cute as a button.  I had wanted to do my fingernails in something creative, so I opted for the accent nail in revlon's runway pearl, w/sally hansen's rock candy.  These nails are solid, buddy!  I have some thick coats on - base, 3 coats of polish & top coat. Hard as a rock! (base: essie rock solid; top: essie good to go!) Let's see how long until I get sick of it... haha
Also figured I'd show off my pooch - again... We're out here in her domain, and she's on the hunt for some lizards or anything that's moving. Oh this little rascal.  She's been so needy this weekend, and the last time she was like this was when I was pregnant (and didn't yet know).  Fear not, I am not with child at this moment.  Still working on that, believe me! 
So let me enlighten y'all on a few new faves I've stumbled upon this weekend.  
1. Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain!  It's pure perfection, and I snagged it w/a $1 off coupon at Walgreen's.  I bought "lovesick" and will probably be back tomorrow (sorry hubby) for "sweetheart."  I love the bright colors & have bought some lipcolors like Maybelline's colorsensational high shine in fruit punch and fifth ave fuchsia, and love them.  I dab them on for subtle daytime color, and more for night time.  But I still feel like they get a little cakey or don't last super long.  So, my next bet was a stain.  I saw the lovely Emma Stone's face on the display and went to it like a moth to a flame.  Seriously.  How 'bout I even got the color she was wearing! I love this stain, esp that it's a balm.  So it goes on smooth, doesn't make your lips all dry and cracked feeling, and wears very well.  Apply in a thin layer, it's more sheer.  Apply w/a heavier hand, surprise - darker.  (not rocket science) Go out & purchase, you won't be disappointed!
And my new necklaces that I am so in love with!!  I follow a very cute blog, Living in Yellow, and she - Erin - got THE cutest necklace for her b-day that she posted.  It's a dup of one from J.Crew, but for literally a fraction of the cost!  The site is Cheerfully Charmed, and the necklaces are the bubble necklaces seen here.  Quite the "statement necklace" as they describe it. So I've been looking for a bib/statement necklace for a while, and fell in love with these the moment I saw them!  What is so awesome, is that you can buy 2 and get 1 free!  That's $78 for 3, or $150 for one from J.Crew.  That's not a tough decision, ladies.  And highly justifiable if your husband asks... I bought the cobalt blue, turquoise and yellow colors.  And I am not disappointed in the least bit!  I like that they lay nicely and are long enough for my large bust.  (that was my only concern)  I am thinking the green, gray and coral ones would be a nice touch to my wardrobe, but am not sure if it's overkill.  Does that even matter?  (what do y'all think?) I'm not saying I'd wear one each day of the week - or am I? ;)  No, I would definitely limit it. The customer service was amazing, I emailed to check on the status and got a quick, friendly response.  I got them prob 5 business days later.  I think I bought them last Sunday night, and they were here Saturday.  Worth the wait.  I wore the cobalt yesterday w/my white jeans and a black tank.  Wore the turquoise today to church w/a white sleeveless blouse & my light gray pants.  The hardware is gold, fyi.  They're sturdy feeling, too, not like they'll break. A great value & must for anyone obsessed w/accessories like myself.  So here's a mini photo shoot - turquoise (a pretty beach glass color), cobalt (just in time for FL Gator football!) & yellow (a creamy lemon).   Are you as freaked out w/all of these pics of me as I am?!? At least I changed my hair for each - lolzzzz
Cobalt Blue Bubble NecklaceYellow Bubble Bib Statement Necklace





xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment