Thursday, July 5, 2012

Words of Wisdom - from a bumper sticker

At least I think it's Thursday...  A break in the middle of the week is kinda weird, but it'll do. Tomorrow is Friday, after all.
So since my post yesterday, my stomach has been in knots.  All day long I felt trapped in my thoughts, and it drove me insane! I think I learned one small lesson thus far:  "the more you know, the less you need."  I actually saw this on a bumper sticker today, and I thought it was interesting.  The way I applied it to my life right now, in regards to yesterday's post, is that I need to learn more about how to close my mouth and open my heart.  WWJD??  He certainly wouldn't get so bent out of shape over the things that I do.  How am I showing others Christ if I have such a quick and/or sharp tongue?  Granted, it's not that I go around and talk ugly to anyone and everyone, but it's the little slips that make a big impact.  So what that they're misunderstood?  I mean, I could be referring to something COMPLETELY OPPOSITE of how a comment is received. After it's passed my lips though, does that matter?  No.  You can't unhear something.  Although wouldn't it be nice sometimes?  I think what bothers me the most about myself is that people may misunderstand me - over and over... Why?  Is it because the damage is already done? The fire is getting  close to the bridge & I don't want it to burn...
So I need to learn how to be more Christ-like, so that  I won't need to feel compelled or free to say whatever I feel.  I hold my tongue sometimes, but not enough.  This little bumper sticker may mean something completely different, but I chose to put it towards something that is meaningful for me today.  This is not worth the knots in my stomach.  It's time to finally put into action what I know is to be done.  Funny when I mention that I want to change my life, that the devil sure has a way of getting me off track!  What better time than now, to renew myself - in Christ?  It's by my actions that people see Jesus, not what I say.  If they went on what I say, they may be turned off.  That's not good! My mother - bless her heart - offered up some wonderful advice.  She asked me to ask God what purpose He has for me in certain environments.  What is He trying to teach me?  It's a great question - and if I take the time to figure it out, it could really make a huge difference in my life, as well as others'.

I'm going to go eat before it gets too late  - hope everyone has a great Thursday nite!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love the layout of your blog and that you actually take the time to write! So beautiful :)

    Urban Decay Giveaway on 101 Fashion Street

    ReplyDelete