Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Lost in Translation

Have you seen that movie, "Lost in Translation" with Bill Murray & Scarlett Johansson? I love it.  It's such a good movie.  We were watching it just now (since the bbq is over and it's now raining! lol).  I'm not really going to reference the movie in this post, just the title.  Story of my life. I'm not sure what I'm missing, or what happens but I just can't say anything right sometimes.  Or I say too much, or the wrong thing.  (that's more like it, really.)  Or so it seems.  I realize that I'm ultra sensitive to things (and I hide it w/sarcasm), but I just think I stumbled upon something, that was indirectly directed towards me.  I give up. I am so tired of people being so defensive to just about anything I say.  I guess it means that I'm a legit b.... and don't know when to keep my trap shut. Please don't think that all I'm doing is writing a boo-hoo, whoa is me post, b/c I'm not.  I'm really hoping that someone who follows this will offer up some suggestions for me.  Maybe I should wire my jaw shut - I heard you can lose weight that way, too.  Lord knows I could stand to do that, too.  What do I do when I don't like what people are talking about or find it inappropriate for the particular setting we're in?  I'm speaking about who I'm with, not randoms.  You can't always walk away if you're say, at work, or maybe at a table next to someone in a restaurant.  At a party, it's easy to walk away.  But if something bums you out, or if you are kinda hurt by something, or annoyed b/c you're trying to do something & are distracted... what do you do?  Just grin and bear it? And why am I not picking up on things that may be sensitive to others?  I guess I should think more before I open my mouth.  I'm serious - someone please offer a suggestion, or 2 or 8 or 20.  I feel like crap, am not sure why I have to say anything and it kills me!  I guess I'm so intolerant but I don't want people to mistake that for judgmental.  Am I taking things too far, by saying that being appropriate, polite, semi-professional is wrong? I can think of one thing to start doing - perhaps try to be in an environment that is more professional.  But if I'm going to want to purchase a home (which we're trying to do), I will need to maintain the same salary.  I can't afford to lose that steady income.  So for now, what should I do?  Humble myself, that's one step. And it's not that I hate/dislike people, please don't misunderstand that.  Also my tone at this moment is not one of anger, it is one of sincere concern.  I've got to stop this now, maybe by seeing a therapist? I don't feel entitled to anything, or above anyone.  Nor do I want to control the situation.  Maybe I need to be more accepting to the fact that people are all so very different, and we - I cannot force them to be a certain way.  I may not be going through the same thing that they are, or understand what it's like on their level what they may be going through at that present time. So maybe in those situations, I'll just bite down and ignore.  That's what I plan on doing tomorrow. Move on, PRAYPRAYPRAY and the Lord will help.  I have to let Him, of course.  Lord, close my mouth and open my heart.  Please!    
In the meantime, SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment