Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's not so bad....

As a follow up to my previous post, things are going well in the Hejtmanek home. They're not so bad-ah! As a matter of fact, my husband is fixing my car as we speak.  In [almost] 100 degree temps! On the 4th of July!  I have a screw in one of my tires, so I went to take it to the tire place, but they are closed.  I came home and he said, "I fix." (insert pseudo-Italian accent here.) And just like that, less than 10 min later, my tire is fixed.  He's also fixing the lawn mower - it's kinda bo-bo, but it works; just needs some repairs.  So he's doing that, sweating, patient.  I can't be outside in this heat for more than 5 min!  And to think, he works out there in it daily.  (He builds swimming pools - shoots the concrete part of it.  I've gone to the job sites before - in heels no less - and watched them.  Tough work, building dreams!  Rain or shine, too.)  I am SO thankful to have a handyman husband. I could also say I'm blessed.  I am.  I told him that I just didn't know what I was getting myself into when I married him.  Even though he got mad at me this past weekend, he's past that now. I know him too well, and knew why he had gotten upset.  And my lesson is learned, and I will not do that ever again.  My mother assured me that I will, b/c wives do from time to time, but maybe it won't be so extreme... ;) What did I do?  I signed myself up for laser hair removal, and ended up doing two areas, rather than one.  It cost more than I had set out to spend, but I will be one happy person later down the line.  We discussed only one area, not two, so that would be the reason that he got upset.  And rightly so.  There, the monkey's out of the bag... I can't put Pandora back in the box now!
Coco is inside right now, too, even though she would rather be outside... I have to let this little black doggie cool off, b/c I'm afraid she would heat up.  She's like a kid in that she'll go go go, and not realize she's overheating.  She loves it outside!
Oh, since I've mentioned spending too much money (previous post), on my way home from the attempted tire repair, there is a kmart, target and walmart.  They have lady clothes... like sundresses and red tops, or blue tops. And swimmies.  I went into Kmart to see if they had a top I could wear w/my white jeans, and was unsuccessful.  As I was nearing the Target, I realized I had the perfect thing at home.  Times two!  I have a cute blue light top (w/little white kitties on it) to wear w/the white jeans & a perfect red clutch!  Oh and I have a navy maxi dress!  No need to spend, surely I can make this outfit mine.  So I passed by with a smile on my face - "you won't get me today, Target!"  We're going to a bbq today & it's also a pool party.  I think I'll sit this one out, just b/c I didn't shave my legs!  Gotta go polish my nails real quick, going for essie jelly apple - the perfect red.
What are y'all doing this 4th? Have a safe & happy 4th of July!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment