Saturday, August 25, 2012

It figures!

Funny how when you have a horrible day (like I did last Sunday), something happens and totally blows the bad out of the water.  Or even just gets a little better.  Does this ever happen to you? It usually does to me, and this week it sure did!
So you remember how my rant on Sunday went, about just not feeling it, etc.  You may remember that we are in the process of shopping for a home?  I put an offer on a short sale home on July 3rd, knowing full well that it will take some time.  We had been thru it ourselves, and waited 9 months for the bank to approve the buyers' offer - after waiting maybe 2 months for a bite.  After the bank didn't accept their offer, we were crushed.  What were we to do now?  We ended up foreclosing on it, b/c it was just a mess.  We made out just fine, since the condo was in his name only.  (note to single people: you may really want to think twice before purchasing a home w/someone unless you are super serious about him/her.  If something goes awry, you or they are the only ones affected by the outcome. Just a word of wisdom, b/c Don bought the condo just before we got married, w/his name only.  My credit wasn't affected by the foreclosure, so this home, I am buying.  He will be on the title, but not the offer.) So anyhoo... It's been about 6 weeks or so, and my realtor emailed me to call him asap - he had news.  Turns out that my offer had been accepted -over the other offer!  omg... why there was even another offer submitted is beyond me/us.  Apparently the seller had a rookie realtor and he was not so smart about it, which led to a slight bidding war; we've been waiting this whole time to see which offer was going to be accepted first. And it was mine!  Yippee!!  So now, they are to submit it to the bank, to see if the bank will accept it.  If they do, sign my name one the x!  We're going to be waiting for 30+ days, but this is better news.  It means that we are closer to our dream of 1. owning a nice  home and 2. owning the home that we both love.  We've kept our options open, and have been looking all over, esp closer to my mom (she's only 20 min away, but to my mama, that's far! haha), esp for when we have a baby & we need her to come over. But we LOVE this house.  It seemingly needs only cosmetic updates, which my husband and his bro's can fix. Oh and paint (which my bro happens to be great at).  So that's where we are now. If you follow me on pinterest, you'll see that I have gone crazy with my "for the home" board, pinning the heck out of stuff.  I literally went thru each picture of the house and pinned things to do - built ins, bathroom sinks, storage, for each room.  We are trying not to get too excited, in case something falls thru, but praying that it will continue to go in our favor.  Who knows, our annual Christmas Eve dinner may be in our home!
On top of that good news, I'm trying really hard to pass the test of patience  My mama told me to really try (in regards to the pregnancy test etc), so I am.  I'm in a different place, and have decided to just wait a few more weeks before I start worrying about it.  Besides, football season starts next weekend --Go Gators!!  Don't forget to wear your college colors to work on Friday the 31st! I already have my outfit planned!
To top off the week, my husband and I had the most fun last night - no tv, just listening to music on pandora, rocking out and dancing, talking and being silly.  He's truly my favorite person and I'm so in love.  We even got real for a minute and talked about a one day baby.  Life is good.  Now I'm off to brunch with a girlfriend I've not seen in a while!  Can't wait!! I love this place, First Watch, bc the food is so fresh and clean.  Mmm....
Have a great weekend, y'all!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment