Sunday, November 11, 2012

15 weeks & a diy project

Hey there!
I hope that everyone has had a pleasant weekend - and taken a moment to be thankful for our Veterans & their service for our country. I can't help but to feel proud that came from a family w/military service. Grandfathers, their brothers, father, and step brother - all served & are still serving.  God bless them & the USA.  We were reminded of a verse this morning in Church, Matthew 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."
After seeing my friend's post last week of her pregnancy, I was reminded of a super cute idea on how to keep up w/the weeks, baby's growth, etc.  We both saw it on the cutest blog, "Little Baby Garvin" and fell in love with it. I've seen it around pinterest, and this chalkboard thing is great.  So I set out yesterday, after my much needed & desired mani/pedi (ya, I finally got one!  essie's stylenomics are on my tootsies) in search of some chalkboard paint, a cheap picture frame & some paint for the frame.  Oh ya, and chalk.  Total spent was only about $15-20 tops, so that was great.  I totally meant to take before & after pictures, but I forgot b/c I was so darn excited & took a "midway" picture.  The frame, found at a local thrift shop, was 1/2 off, at a whopping $5! It was a tan/brown wood color originally.  But not anymore!! I tried to get the back off, to take the glass out but that was stuck in there good!  I had to tape it off & I'll have to tape the frame to paint the chalkboard.  Maybe I should have got regular paint, not spray paint. I'll see how it goes and buy more if it doesn't work.  Anyway, here are some pics:
Chalkboard paint & a nickel colored paint for the frame, Krylon brand, Michaels & Ace Hardware
My gem of a find - $5 picture frame.  Nice! 



Last night, My husb, brother & bff went out for pizza & putt-putt golf & had a blast!  Her b-day is 3 days after mine (both this week!), so it was fun to be able to do an early celebration.  It's fun being silly & low key.  She got me my first baby gift - a baby book!  It's the cutest journal type book, and I was so excited to get it!  I can start filling some of the stuff out now!  Yay baby!  

Now on to baby!!  

How far along?   15 weeks
Total weight gain/loss?  Still holding at -5lbs since pre-baby (yay!) 
Maternity clothes?  You know it!  Although since I am lacking in the rear dept, I wish I could find some that would stay up instead of slipping down, since they don't have a waist band.  Any suggestions? 
Stretch marks?  No
Sleep?  Still loving this
Best moment this week?  I love this normal feeling.  Oh, and I had my first baby dream.  It was a girl!  
Miss anything?  Thankfully, not really
Movement? No
Food cravings?  Beef/steak & a bloody mary (yes, virgin will do)
Anything make you queasy or sick?  Raw onion, heavy garlic.  The thought of shrimp doesn't make me feel happy, and that makes me sad. And oddly enough, chicken doesn't sound great to me.  
Gender?  3 more weeks... I can't help but to have a strange feeling it's a girl. 
Labor signs? no
Belly button - in or out?  Innie
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? Feeling happy and tired.  It's a pleasant mix.  
Looking forward to?  Showing still - and finding out what this little bundle is so I can start shopping!!  lol  

No comments:

Post a Comment