Sunday, November 25, 2012

17 week update - g.r.i.t.s. style, w/a side of Inspiration

Just wait for it, you'll get it...
Hope you all had a lovely long weekend, ate a lot and are now ready to get back into the swing of things.  Bring on a 5 day work week... try to contain your excitement as you set your alarm clocks for work tomorrow a.m. Oh joy.  If you're like me, you probably forgot what day it even was today.  Being off work certainly throws off my schedule.  I didn't do any shopping for Christmas, I refuse to do that until December 1st.  I won't decorate until then either! Not hatin' on anyone that likes to get a jump on Christmas, but I like to savor every turkey-dressin-sweet potato-pecan pie bite I can.  mmm  I had a great 4 days of running around town, seeing all family & friends, and loved every moment of it.  Especially since we'll be pretty rushed thru our Christmas holiday.  Why you ask?  Oh, sit back, put your feet up for this one, it's gonna get interesting (all between bites of leftover ham, sweet potatoes & squash casserole!).
A couple of weeks ago, Don & I had decided to back out of the short sale house we were trying to buy, b/c the bank had countered with an offer that was too high for us.  With the baby coming, me not sure of the work situation I'll be doing once I go back, day care, etc, it was too much to risk. When he & I had come to our decision, it was after much talking, prayer and talking more, and we were comfortable with that.  So moving to this Monday, I had told our realtor our decision.  Come Tuesday afternoon, when she had sent me the paperwork to sign to back out, she texted me later in the day, "I just sent you an email...,"  so I was very curious w/whatever nugget she had for me. The bank had countered our offer w/something way better than their first, one that we were wanting in the beginning.  Way to throw a curve ball!  So there was more to discuss Tues evening. On my way home, while sitting at a stop light, I checked my email & saw one from our landlord. He asked how the short sale was going, hoped it was complete, b/c he sold the house we're currently renting.  Oh, and it has to be empty by 12/25.  Ya, Christmas.  Whaaaaaa?!? Note: He's had the house on the market, officially since end of Sept, when our lease was up, and we've been month-to-month since, as was the plan until he sold, or we bought/closed. That part was understood. What wasn't understood was the short notice!  I mean, hello, Christmas?!? I will not lie, that caused quite a ripple in this whole operation, I certainly didn't want it to force our hand on the house we wanted to buy, but it made things awkward.  W/out going into all of the details - and in an effort to keep me calm w/out getting all heated talking about it again, we have decided to go ahead with the purchase of the house (yay!) and pack up in the next 2 weeks (yay...), aim to be out the weekend before Christmas, and be done.  My mom has a garage apt, that both my bro & I have lived in over the years, so that's where we'll be. It'll be close quarters, but hey, it's a place to go! We'll put our things in one of those pods, and have it stored until we close on the house.  There is nothing short about a short sale, but we're hoping that after 5 months, we can close quickly. Exhale.............................  What's so ironic, or call it divine instance, was that the sermon at church this a.m. was about faith.  Faith was defined to us as: "Stepping to the edge of all the knowledge you have, and taking one more step."  In Hebrews 11, vs. 1, it says that "faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  I don't know what's going to happen w/the house we're trying to buy, I don't know if the inspection will pass, or if it will fall through, but we have to trust & believe that God will take care of it - and us, how He sees fit.  It's almost funny, because it's by our faith that we believe this.  I know that somehow in all of this, whichever way this scenario plays out, we'll be fine. We may have different or cramped living quarters, but we'll have some.  We don't have to worry about carrying around our baby, since it's not yet born, so that's a huge blessing.  We won't go hungry.  We won't be broke, and we will still  be loved.  If there's one thing I love about my husband, it's that he's so calm and logical - and I know that he too, trusts God to provide or to show us why things will go a certain way.   The other verse that really spoke to me this a.m. was one of my favorites, Joshua 1:9.  "Be strong & courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Well amen to that!  So from letting go of the house & then things rolling into it, having to move out by Christmas, and then hearing a sermon that seemingly was meant for us, this week has been something.  My uncle told me he didn't like to say things were "coincidences," but rather more of divine instances. I'd say this is pretty spot on!



Now, on to the good stuff -- I'm 17 weeks pregnant today!  Here we go... (Notice I'm wearing my Gator blue shirt since UF beat FSU Saturday!! Go Gators!!)

How far along? 17 weeks --  you know I'm from the south asking for hot pepper sauce & cornbread for my turnip!  (g.r.i.t.s. -- girls raised in the south!) 
Total weight gain/loss? total 5lbs lost (we'll have to confirm after all this Thanksgiving food!)
Maternity clothes? Jeans & some tops
Stretch marks? no
Sleep? oh yes
Best moment this week? Thanksgiving w/my families - got to see my daddy, and that was sweet.  Also, had my belly touched for the first time - that was funny!  
Miss anything? not really
Movement? nope
Food cravings?  red meat
Anything make you queasy or sick?  the smell of kimchee!  ewww
Have you started to show yet?  no, just the little pooch from my stomach, no baby bump just yet. 
Gender?  finding out on 12/4
Labor signs?  no
Belly button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off?  on
Happy or Moody?  Happy!
Looking forward to: setting up the photo shoot for the gender reveal, and then trying to figure out how to reveal!  



No comments:

Post a Comment