Saturday, November 17, 2012

The week in thoughts

I'm so excited, my diy project is in the garage as we speak, drying.  I'm talking about my chalkboard, of course!  I painted the chalkboard on it this afternoon, and hope that by tomorrow afternoon, I can start writing on it!  Just in time for my 16 week update.
Speaking of update, I have been so excited to start showing a baby bump.  Being a "softer" girl (i.e., not skinny), I'm not sure when I will start showing.  I may not for another 2 months.  Either way, I've noticed that my stomach (literally where my stomach is internally) is pooching out. I feel so bloated, and get full easily.  I know that my insides are shifting upwards, b/c baby is lower.  But I was not-so-secretly wishing that this was a bump.  maybe even a girl! lol  But not so much. I confirmed it w/my girlfriend last night.  It's funny, b/c I have noticed that my lower stomach (below my belly button) has gotten smaller, b/c baby has pushed my innards up!  haha Super fun.  Does this mean that I can't pig out on Thanksgiving??  Ya, probably.

So that's a good thing, b/c I don't need to be gaining any weight! And speaking of gaining weight, I went out w/my girlfriends last night to Mellow Mushroom for my bday celebration - had a great time!  I love being able to get together w/my ladies.  What's even better is the girls that made it out haven't all been together at one spot in a while!

My bday - I'm 34!  Yikes!  I came home to a bouquet of red roses, some chocolates & a beautiful card from my husband.  Where did we want to eat?  Oh, you know I've been craving some sushi!  So we hopped in the car when I got home from work and went to our favorite sushi restaurant.  We went all out - got our favorite rolls, and it was so awesome!  The presentation, taste, freshness, mmm!  Don't worry, I ate cooked rolls & a veggie roll.  I was good.  ;)    

  Something I was looking forward to this year was that I get a new drivers license!  However, when I went to the dmv, I was turned away. Why?  B/c I hadn't updated my social security card name since I had gotten married - 5 years ago.  All of the rules changed in 2010, which is crazy.  It's so strict to get a new license!! I was not a happy camper, b/c y'all know me - my hair was done right, I had on a pretty scarf (pink!), and my smile was ready.  But it's mostly my fault - I mean, I should've changed my name as soon as I got married in 2007... I'll be going to the social security office Monday afternoon before my 16wk ob appt.
One more thought on Thanksgiving:  I'm so over being rushed into Christmas!  I posted on my facebook that we ought to take time to be thankful!  Why is it so hard for Americans to stop for a moment - or month - and focus on being thankful?  I mean my goodness, we really need to count our blessings.  Life may be tough, we may be going through hard times, but we are here.  We have family, friends, most have a home, and there are probably quite a few things to be thankful for.  I love Christmas, I love what it represents - Jesus' birth.  But I don't like that we have to get rushed into the shopping, presents, etc.  It takes the joy out of Christmas, and it makes me think that people are just thinking of getting presents.  My opinion is that it teaches our kids to be ungrateful - focusing only on what's under the tree.  Just wait.  Just wait one month and then decorate the heck out of your house, yard, whatever. I love Christmas, but I love Thanksgiving, too.  Stop a moment and just enjoy.  It's not about black Friday, it's Thursday.  eat!  laugh!  have fun.  I don't know, it comes across as sounding like a grinch (as my cousin pointed out to me), but let's not forget this little gem of a holiday.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment