Wednesday, October 7, 2015

36 weeks & Baby watch is officially on!

3 weeks (or less) until we meet our Beau Fisher!
How far along: 36 weeks
Gender: boy
Name: Beau Fisher (he finally has a middle name, that Don picked out & I think it's great!)
Movement: yes - so much movement. Even during my ultrasound I had yesterday to measure his size.  (Can't really tell, but was told that he'll probably be long like Ava - only longer, and not chunky.
Total weight gain/loss: 19lb - at least I haven't gained more in the last 2 weeks!
Stretch marks: a few marks.
Belly button in/out: In
Wedding rings on/off: off, just wearing a band
Sleep:  For sure. I had started sleeping in the other room, on Ava's "big bed" (our queen bed we used to have in our master - it's very soft and easy on my hips, although I miss my hubby!!)
Food/drink cravings: sweets... such bad things!  Once I break the seal on a sweet, it's all over.
Anything makes me sick: No
Miss anything: Comfort - in sitting, standing, walking, sleeping.
Mood: Still doing good.
Happy Ava = Happy mama
Best moment this week: Meeting the Dr. that is scheduled to do my c-section, after seeing Beau on the ultrasound and his cute face (no, not 3d, just regular; I could tell he was precious!).  She made me feel ok about the unknown that I'm getting into, and reassured that I will be ok during and after.  I have no idea what to expect this time around, just as I didn't the first time with Ava.  But I am scared that Beau will come early, and that kinda stresses me out with work, and being even the slightest bit "ready" for what is going to be coming.  I mean, the part about me being opened up, rearranged, sewn back together, etc.  Then the gas pains, and the soreness.  Of course I have no clue how this will feel.  The recovery from the first delivery was painful and dreadful. But at least I'll be able to sit on my tooshie this time, rather than being in so much pain that I hated even sitting down or going to the bathroom.  So I guess I've just got to wait and see... Also, the office ladies threw a shower for me today and got me some super cute things. And the office got the car seat I registered for.  So sweet!! Oh, and one more highlight of the week - our office hired a temp to fill in while I'm out.  I've been training her since Monday and am so relieved that she's picking it all up nicely.  And oh ya, my super clean house!!
Looking forward to: Going through Beau's gift's and organizing. I want to go pick up some things that I didn't get from the registry, and try to get his room set up.  Which means moving things into Ava's new room. Obviously she'll be in her crib still, but I would like to attempt to get her room ready. OMG and I have got to pack my  hospital bag!  Don reminded me of that the other day - just because we don't know when Beau is coming, I've got to be prepared.  My appt is in 3 weeks.  3 weeks.  Let that sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment