Sunday, March 17, 2013

31 weeks & all moved in!

A beautiful site - our storage container @ the house!
Hello there!  
The unthinkable happened at week 31 - Don & I moved into our house!  Our things were delivered to the house on Tuesday this week, and Don got started emptying it out immediately.  His friend also came over and helped out a ton - and then by Thursday it was all empty and all of our things were inside!  So antsy to get in this house!!  We spent the first night here on Friday night and it was SO NICE to be back in our bed!  We had a great night's sleep, and even woke up early to get started on organizing & setting up! I thought for sure we would maybe sleep in, but nope, we were up & at 'em by 7:00a.m.  Loving every minute of it.  I got set on my pinterest inspired bathroom wall, and after 3 coats of Valspar paint, it looks good.  I'll have to do some touch-ups, but that's fine. The other walls are all solid, in the darker color.  I just did the one accent wall, and I love it!  Word of advice: Don't buy Valspar paint (sold at Lowe's).  It's just not as good as the quality of Behr or shoot, even the Martha Stewart paint I bought at Kmart years ago.  Go to Home Depot.  
                                                                                        
measuring my lines
finished project
It's been a lot of fun, and we've got the kitchen done!  That's about it for now, lol.  The more will come in time! It's just great to be "home," finally!


31 weeks!  Little Miss Ava has done well w/the move (as if she had a choice...), and is quite a mover herself.  She's really started moving all around and I love it!  Don had a freak out moment, he got to feel her moving and it was so weird for him!  (I told him to imagine what it felt like on the inside!) 

How far along?  31 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:   +7 lbs (still holding)
Maternity clothes?  Yes (and I get all kinds of new choices, having my closet back!)
Stretch marks? No (I should put here that I had already been cursed w/these when I gained all my weight years ago.  During this pregnancy - so far - there are no new ones to mention.)
Sleep:  Yes - esp now that we're on our bed!!
Best moment this week:  Knowing that we'd be sleeping in our own house by the end of the week.  And Ava's growing movements. 
Miss anything? Started to really miss red wine. 
Movement?  Most definitely!  Wow - this feeling is incredible. 
Food cravings: Cereal, occasionally pizza and now, chocolate! 
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Not really. 
Gender: girl
Labor signs: nope
Symptoms: Indigestion, hip pain, pain/soreness in my lower region - pretty much the same. 
Belly button in or out?  Still in, still shallow.
Wedding rings on/off: On
Happy or moody? Often times moody, but trying to work on that.  Had only a couple of "melt downs" this week!
Looking forward to:  Setting up shop - it's perfect for a nesting pregnant girl!  Oh, and getting the crib for Ava.  I found one I liked from Target, a Graco, and we just have to go get it.  Fingers crossed they have it, b/c I couldn't find it in the stores I went to.    We'll try next week!

Me: 31wks, Heidi: 28wks w/twins!!
I leave you with a picture of myself @ 31wks & my friend Heidi, who is actually 28wks here, with twins!! She looks amazing here - and in real life!  Props to her - and prayers for a [continued] healthy pregnancy!  I have to mention, this girl got me good - this picture she said was great of both of us - especially since it showed we have backs - we aren't blobs.  You can see the curve of our spines , not just a solid mass. Oh I love that!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment